Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#371010 by Michelle Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:24 pm
From: "Colony Bank Of Asia ® Online Transfer" <[email protected]>

This is Colony Bank Transfer Department. We hereby want you to know that our bank is ready to complete the transfer into your account today and before we can proceed , you are required to pay 625.00HRK as the International Bank Tax Charges Commission Fee.

However , we have contacted your Buyer about this issue and an extra deduction of 625.00HRK has been made from its Account so that the transfer can be quickly done into your account today and the Total Sum of 2215.00HRK is now ready to be activated and completed into your account but before the transfer can be finally credited into your account , your Buyer has requested you to send its 625.00HRK via (WESTERN UNION TRANSFER) to her Daughter address at the Tourist Department in Africa Nigeria so that we can complete the transaction into your account in the next 1-2Hours as soon as we confirm the Moneygram payment details from you.

So, we want you to know that our Bank Transfer Department is ready to credited the money into your account but we just await for the Moneygram Payment Receipt of the 625.00HRK from you so that we can verify the payment details and also for us to quickly complete the transfer of the 2215.00HRK into your account now before the business time runs out of the day.

From Colony Bank Manager/ Transfer Department.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#379911 by Mike Wilson Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:17 am
Hello R Gordon. It is all a scam where they trying to steal money from you. A legiitmate ban would never ask for a payment to be sent via Western Union or Money gram. Do not send any money for any reason. Stop all contact with these criminals without telling them that you know it is a scam. Just go silent and ignore them.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#380159 by FSPatphyRb Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:06 pm
I've also received a similar email after having sold an item online a week ago. Can anyone recommend what to do? I sold the item in order to get some money I needed, but now it seems like it is not going to come.

Here is the text from the email I've received:

We are writing to inform you that we received the shipping details for the auction item sent to Mrs Maureen Pedro Shipping address in the Czech Republic and the shipment has been verified and delivered, so we had to make a final update to credit the money in your bank account. Colony Bank's Online Funds Transfer has updated your money, but our banking system is facing a network problem at this time. A problem persists in our transfer machine rejecting the transaction of (500.00 GBP) we can only be able to credit (600.00 GBP) and above due to the International and Home Transfer Account that your buyer is using. Mrs Maureen Pedro belongs to a company that shares a bank with us and will want you to know that it will only deal with business matters and we are very happy that you are one of our clients and we urge you to follow the rules and procedures so that we can be able to do the final crediting of the money into your account

Due to a small recent problem with our transfer system, we regret to inform you that the money can not be transferred to your account because the amount of the transfer is low to the minimum transfer limit of the sender's account, so we want you to know that the transfer of the sum of (500.00 GBP) can not be transferred to your account, we can only transfer the sum of (600.00 GBP) minimum.

We contacted Mrs Maureen Pedro about the problem and she accepted and made an additional payment of 100.00 GBP this morning so that we can be able to transfer (600.00 GBP) to your account immediately without any delay whatsoever.

So we want you to go and refund 100 Pounds to our Deputy Manager, located in Africa by Western Union, and send us the Western Union receipt and the details of the sender so that we can update your money to 600.00 GBP and your money can be credited to your account in less than 2 hours as soon as we receive your Western Union data

We want you to know that the money is ready to be remitted into your account once you send us the Western Union Receipt showing that you have sent the 100.00 Pounds to Mr Maxwell Alexander Our Deputy Manager

You are requested to go and send the money via Western Union Money Transfer as soon as possible to the details that we provide below.

Name: MAXWELL ALEXANDER
Ciity: Ibadan
State: Oyo
Zip code : 23402
Amount to be sent through Western Union: 100 Pounds

We want you to know that the payment has already been deposited in the care of your bank account and can not be returned by the bank because any payment made by the Buyer to the Seller's account can not be returned to the buyer so the money belong to you and will be released and credited to your account once we receive the Western Union details from you

However, we guarantee 100% of the maximum guarantee that your money will be credited to your account once we receive the Western Union details from you this morning and within 2 hours your money will arrived and reflecte in your account and you will have access to the cash.

You will be given a transaction code immediately you send the 100.00 Pounds to our Management Assistant address in Africa and that code will serve as the effective time when the money will reach your bank account. In addition, any money that has been transferred from Colony Bank henceforth will reflect in your bank account within the 1 hour period. We hereby implore you to be patient with us and proceed to send 100.00 Pounds now to the address of the Management Assistant in Africa and get back to us with the copy of western union receipt so we can activate the 600.00 GBP into your bank account.

We really appreciate your quick responses over the days and we will keep our promises to make sure this bank provides you with better services. We would also like you to know that we are here to serve you better and also to make sure you have a successful deal with us

Michelle wrote:
From: "Colony Bank Of Asia ® Online Transfer" <[email protected]>

This is Colony Bank Transfer Department. We hereby want you to know that our bank is ready to complete the transfer into your account today and before we can proceed , you are required to pay 625.00HRK as the International Bank Tax Charges Commission Fee.

However , we have contacted your Buyer about this issue and an extra deduction of 625.00HRK has been made from its Account so that the transfer can be quickly done into your account today and the Total Sum of 2215.00HRK is now ready to be activated and completed into your account but before the transfer can be finally credited into your account , your Buyer has requested you to send its 625.00HRK via (WESTERN UNION TRANSFER) to her Daughter address at the Tourist Department in Africa Nigeria so that we can complete the transaction into your account in the next 1-2Hours as soon as we confirm the Moneygram payment details from you.

So, we want you to know that our Bank Transfer Department is ready to credited the money into your account but we just await for the Moneygram Payment Receipt of the 625.00HRK from you so that we can verify the payment details and also for us to quickly complete the transfer of the 2215.00HRK into your account now before the business time runs out of the day.

From Colony Bank Manager/ Transfer Department.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.
#380230 by R Gordon Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:52 am
We are experiencing the same scam I think, the so called bank had a issue with my back transfer as well. I was messaging someone called Maureen Pedro too. Please let me know how we can get our items back because I very much doubt I will be getting my money.
#380231 by R Gordon Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:01 am
Mike Wilson wrote:Hello R Gordon. It is all a scam where they trying to steal money from you. A legiitmate ban would never ask for a payment to be sent via Western Union or Money gram. Do not send any money for any reason. Stop all contact with these criminals without telling them that you know it is a scam. Just go silent and ignore them.

I have not let them know it's a scam and I haven't sent them any money but I would really like to know what to do now to get my item back. Right now I'm still messaging the fake person Maureen Pedro as they said they can send it back to me if I pay for shipping. Im currently waiting for confirmation of shipment then I will check if it's valid, either way I won't be sending them any money. Please let me know if someone has found a way to get their item back.
#380232 by AlanJones Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:24 am
If the item has already been delivered then you are not going to get it back and any money you send to "Maureen Pedro" will be stolen from you. You are dealing with someone who lies and steals for a living and the money you send them for return shipping will be a bonus to them as they were originally only intending to steal your item

Your only hope is to contact the original courier company and see if the package can be stopped and also report the crime to your local law enforcement.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.