Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#380266 by Mike Wilson Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:15 pm
telephone number used for messaging

This scammer has no interest in purchasing anything. The shipping company will be fake.
NO money will ever be transferred to you.

Hi Mate,
Sorry for late response, I'm fine with the price likewise the condition as described on the advert, exactly what am looking for, I just got a job with Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd. Beetaloo Basin, Northern Territory, Australia and the reception is terrible. We do not have access to phone at the moment, which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. I am already in talks with the courier that will handle the pick-up and delivery to my new house here in Darwin.

As regards the payment, I can pay you through direct bank deposit (EFT), using paypal instant bank wire transfer service, linked up with my ANZ bank account, I will need your bank details and I will make the payment through paypal facility to your bank account, all I will need is your acct number, BSB number and acct name.
Hoping to read from you soon.

Thanks
Snr. Simone

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

#381473 by Cd84 Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:18 am
Also had this with very similar message. I am selling a sofa through gumtree, she contacted to ask me to email, stupidly I did. Then I received this response:

Thanks for the prompt responses! please consider it sold and i will like to make it a deal with you as i am ready to offer you the asking price.I hope there wont be any cause of disappointment if i purchase it from you? I have read through the advert and I'm totally satisfied with it but I will be glad if you can get back to me with some more pictures if available ? I work with British Heart Foundation and i was just posted to Scotland branch so i won't be able to come for the inspection, but I have a courier agent that will help me to pick it up at your preferred location and get it deliver.
Regarding the payment i will be paying you through PayPal as i have linked it up with my Barclays account as its safe fast and secure,i also be responsible for the PayPal transaction charges on this transaction so Kindly get back to me with your PayPal email so i can secure the sales.I will contact my agent to come for the pick up once the whole money has been credited into your account. I look forward to hear from you with the requested details below.
PayPal e-Mail Address :
Firm Price :
Address and Postal Code for pickup:
#400056 by Sc12321 Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 am
Had this today. Simone Ragni <[email protected]> wrote:

Cheers for the prompt responses! please consider it sold and cancel every other appointment regarding it,I am buying it for my son and I am ready to pay your full asking price,I have read through the advert and I'm totally satisfied with it and I will be glad if you can get back to me with some pics if available, sadly I won't be able to come for the inspection and pick up due to my disabilities,I loss my hearing and being on a wheelchair due to a stroke but I have a courier agent that will help me to pick it up at your preferred location.Regarding the payment my only quickest payment option is PayPal, its safe fast and secure and i will be responsible for the PayPal transaction charges so you can get your expected amount and if you are not a paypal user you can setup a PayPal account at http://www.paypal.co.uk , it's very safe and secure. Also it's very easy to set up within few minutes. .Awaiting your reply regarding the payment details below.

Your PayPal e-Mail Address
Full name:
Postal Code for pickup: