Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#306616 by Mike Wilson Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:57 pm
greg campbel [email protected]

Great! please consider it sold and i want you to remove the advert as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin asap, i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it. Unfortunately i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and I'm just recovering from heart surgery so I'm house-bound,
I have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and i'll pay you via PayPal once you are ready.

Kindly get back to me with your location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?

OK,Kindly get back to me with your location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now.
Also,you can send me your PayPal email and registered name with your actual price so that i can send the money right away and choose a good time for the pick up after payment has been received.

And the scam - the email will not be from PayPal and a request for money to be sent via Money Gram.
I am glad to inform you that i have made the payment! PayPal said that they have sent you a confirmation email so kindly check the inbox of your email.
I had a little problem with the courier agent they said they can only schedule the pick up date and time after they receive their pick up fee in their head office via moneygram,but due to my health condition i'm unable to get to a moneygram shop to send it. I added the £495 they charged for the pick up and £40 for the moneygram charges,you will receive the total sum of £4,245.
You'll send £455 to them via moneygram today and here is the details needed for the transfer below:

First name : Ajaypal
Last name : SINGH
City: Nicosia
Zip Code: 2020

Please let me know once you've sent the money so that i can make necessary arrangements.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

#328137 by TedL Tue May 16, 2017 6:13 am
Hi Mike

Thanks for your posting about this scammer [email protected]

Looks like he is still at it..please see email I have just received from him below:

Date: Tue, May 16, 2017 01:15

Great! please consider it sold and i want you to remove the advert as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin asap, i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it. Unfortunately i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and I'm just recovering from heart surgery so I'm house-bound,
I have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and i'll pay you via PayPal once you are ready.

Kindly get back to me with your location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?

Looks like he has been at it for some time.

I hope others are aware of his antics and time wasting.
#349818 by Bumblebee123 Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:17 am
Hi Guys

Just want to thank you all for posting this......I put a Fitbit on Gumtree last night and received a text asking me to e-mail him and then I got the exact same message about being 'on' a wheelchair, it was for his cousin and that he would pay full price via paypal.

Just didn't seem 100% geniune, so glad I googled it as I could have easily just gone along with it.

Thank you :beer:
#351905 by nmack8 Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:28 am
Morning all

He or they are still at it - got the same mail this morning.....

I wont post my reply as it probably breaks a few rules :laugh-s:

I really hope everybody that receives a mail/text/whatsapp from this guy does a google search on his name/email address.
#351906 by AlanJones Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:29 am
Is he still using the same email address?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#357412 by clinic Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:30 am
still active as I just receive email from [email protected]:

Great! please consider it sold as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin asap, i have read through the advert and I'm totally satisfied with it,sadly i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and me being in a wheelchair. i have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and I'll pay you via PayPal today. Where is the pick up location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?
#366406 by p.wright Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 am
Thanks for posting, he is still active on Gumtree. Exactly the same scam looking to buy fishing equipment. You saved me a lot of hassle. Do Gumtree know about him?
#374571 by Posterpaint Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 pm
Hi, he's still up to his old tricks. He contacted us re an item we had on Gumtree. We received the email word for word as the original poster. We have not sent him any money and my husband has sent him a suitably worded reply!
#381740 by Gingyer Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:38 am
Thanks for this information
I just got the same email from this scum relating to something I am selling.

I have asked him to confirm his Address since I am not working and will happily save him some courier money..... if it’s close I may even get some friends to visit :laugh-s:
#393369 by mez63 Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:39 am
Still using the same scam, the only thing that has changed since the original is the name is cambel instead of campbell, as i received the identical script when i was selling some weight training gear through gumtree

Thanks for the response! please consider it sold and i want you to remove the advert as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin asap, i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it. Unfortunately i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and I'm just recovering from heart surgery so I'm house-bound,
#429077 by Jucapasag Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:22 pm
Tengo un greg campbell interesado en comprarme una propiedad tengo la supuesta foto y su pasaporte, según el es de Canadá ybquiere depositar dinero...sin preguntar ni verificar losnpapeles en regla. Veamos qué más me pide.