Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#382031 by TOA Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:49 am
Hi All,

below are the details for a motorhome for sale on Gumtree.

Posted
9 hours ago
Make
Peugeot
Model
BOXER 335 L2S TL HDI
Year
Mileage
9239 miles
Seller type
Private
Body type
Other
Fuel type
Diesel
Transmission
Other
Colour
White
Engine size
2198 cc
Previous Keepers
Description
2 Berth, Low Profile, ASR Traction Control, Metallic Silver Cab, Colour Coded Bumper, Electric Retractable Step, Door Security Bar, Awning, Awning Light, TV Aerial, Bike Rack, External Storage, Mains Hook Up, Solar Panel, Fresh & Waste Water Tanks, Driver Airbag

Ad ID: 1331036926

I emailed the seller for further details and she replied with the following:

Hi <snipped - Tim>,

Thank you for your interest in my 2013 Elddis Autoquest 175 2.2 litre Majestic, Manual, 9,422 miles. Full Service History. All documents in original folders. 2 key fobs. The motorhome is in perfect condition, 4 new tyres, no accidents, no damage, scratches or dents. HPI clear and fully paid.MOT Until 11/2019.
I am selling it at £5,700 because I've just finished the divorce and I am very glad that I took it, because it was my ex husbands most precious thing. He cheated on me although we have 2 kids together, anyway I don't wish to bore you with my life's story...
I don't ask to much for it because I just want to get rid of it ASAP, I want to erase a bad memory and I should get rid of it.
As you can see from the pictures my motorhome is in perfect condition.
I am the registered Owner.

Please contact me if you want a secure transaction.

Kind regards,
Dr. Malina Everon

Sent from my iPad

As the price seemed far too good to be true, I Googled her name and it was the top return with a link to your site, on the returned searches.
After reading about the rental scams she/he? has going, I thought I better flag this latest scam up.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Tim Atem on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information and added quotes for clarity.
Advertisement