Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#381900 by jcsolution Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:36 pm
Pretty sure I found one to report! I responded to an autotrader add where i was to text a number
(647) 795-5521 they asked me to email [email protected] and i got this response from from the gmail address in the subject line! After doing some simple digging based on some of the keywords in the email below i not only found this site but i get to warn others of the scam. :=)

Hi *****, first of all I want to thank you for you interest in my 2015 Chevy Equinox LT AWD. I want to let you know that is in great condition, 58000 kms, no rust, service records up-to-date, clear title no loan or lien on it. The car is registered in ON, it's e-tested and certified, you won't have any problems registering the car in your name. I am selling the car because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back over the seas. I hate to sell it, but it's not worth keeping it in storage.

The car is already at our Military Logistics Department from CFB Petawawa, ON ready to be delivered. You will receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase. Please email me back if you're interested and have any questions.
The price is $9000.

Thank you,
Cdr Nathan Lundrigan
CFB
Advertisement

#382017 by Dawn Weber Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:18 pm
I have just experienced the same scam! With word-for-word emails but with a Mazda CX-5 substituted. I went a bit further and somehow the logistics department turned into Uship. Beware!
First email:
Hi, first of all I want to thank you for you interest in my 2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD. I want to let you know that is in great condition, 67880 kms, no accidents, no rust, service records up-to-date, clear title no loan or lien on it. The car is registered in ON, it's e-tested and certified, you won't have any problems registering the car in your name. I am selling the car because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back over the seas. I hate to sell it, but it's not worth keeping it in storage.
The car is already at our Military Logistics Department from CFB Petawawa, ON ready to be delivered. You will receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase. Please email me back if you're interested and have any questions.
The price is $10500.
Thank you,
Cdr Nathan Lundrigan
CFB

Next email:
Hi Dawn, since the car is in a military base with no access you can not go there and take it only the logistics company can deliver it because they have access in our base. The logistics company will take care of everything; Shipping and insurance, power of attorney to sign the bill of sale, all necessary documents. When the vehicle is delivered, you will have a 5 days inspection period to test it and inspect it. If you find any problems and don't agree to buy it, the vehicle is picked up. You will not have to pay any fees regardless of your decision. I'm sure it won't be the case because the car is in excellent condition. If you agree to buy it, after the inspection period, the ownership is changed to your name and the payment will be sent to me. Please send me your name, address, phone number and I will forward them to the logistics company. After that, they will contact you to make arrangements.
Thank you,
Cdr Nathan Lundrigan
CFB

Last Email:
Hi Dawn, I have forwarded your info to the company. Did they contact you? Can you please check your email, also look into your junk folder too, sometimes messages get lost in there.
Thank you,
Cdr Nathan Lundrigan
CFB

From my junk Folder:
Dear Dawn
Our customer, Mr. Nathan Lundrigan, has informed us that you are interested in buying his vehicle, 2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport, price $10500 CAD.
First of all, we want to inform you that the vehicle was never involved in any accident and no report of stolen vehicle was claimed on it. The service book is up to date. There is no outstanding finance or debt on this vehicle.
We would like to remind you that the seller has already paid for our services in advance so you don't have to pay any hidden fees.
Since you are a first time customer, please allow us to make you a short description of who we are and what we do.
uShip was founded in 2004 by a group of people willing to offer high class services lead by Mr. Matt Chasen. Since 2004, our mission was to provide the highest level of service to our customers, in order to build a trustworthy and long lasting relationship. Our vision is to become a leading competitive global shipping and logistics company, setting high level standards in the industry, a company whose employees and partners identify with its goals and values. uShip is based in Austin, Texas, with European headquarters in London, United Kingdom.
Please click here to view our feedback page, with testimonials from a few of our former clients.
Please reply to this e-mail in order to confirm that you are ready to proceed with the transaction.
Thank you!
Heather Hoover
Sales Department
uShip
http://www.uShip.com/ca
#384378 by Jhanus Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:01 am
Got the same scam but for a Kia sorento and he is now targeting people in Alberta as well.

Hi Jamie, first of all I want to thank you for you interest in my 2013 Kia Sorento EX AWD. I want to let you know that is in great condition, 105000 kms, no accidents, no rust, service records up-to-date, clean title no loan or lien on it. The car is registered in AB and you won't have any problems registering the car in your name. I am selling the car because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back overseas. I hate to sell it, but it's not worth keeping it in storage.

The car is already at our Military Logistics Department from CFB Cold Lake, Alberta ready to be delivered. You will receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase. Please email me back if you're interested and have any questions.
The price is $6500.

Thank you,
Cdr Nathan Lundrigan
CFB

Show quoted text
#388535 by ear Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:53 am
Dawn Weber wrote:I have just experienced the same scam! With word-for-word emails but with a Mazda CX-5 substituted. I went a bit further and somehow the logistics department turned into Uship. Beware!
First email:
Hi, first of all I want to thank you for you interest in my 2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD. I want to let you know that is in great condition, 67880 kms, no accidents, no rust, service records up-to-date, clear title no loan or lien on it. The car is registered in ON, it's e-tested and certified, you won't have any problems registering the car in your name. I am selling the car because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back over the seas. I hate to sell it, but it's not worth keeping it in storage.
The price is $10500.
Thank you,
Cdr Nathan Lundrigan
CFB

Next email:
Hi Dawn, since the car is in a military base with no access you can not go there and take it only the logistics company can deliver it because they have access in our base. The logistics company will take care of everything; Shipping and insurance, power of attorney to sign the bill of sale, all necessary documents. When the vehicle is delivered, you will have a 5 days inspection period to test it and inspect it. If you find any problems and don't agree to buy it, the vehicle is picked up. You will not have to pay any fees regardless of your decision. I'm sure it won't be the case because the car is in excellent condition. If you agree to buy it, after the inspection period, the ownership is changed to your name and the payment will be sent to me. Please send me your name, address, phone number and I will forward them to the logistics company. After that, they will contact you to make arrangements.
Thank you,
Cdr Nathan Lundrigan
CFB

Last Email:
Hi Dawn, I have forwarded your info to the company. Did they contact you? Can you please check your email, also look into your junk folder too, sometimes messages get lost in there.
Thank you,
Cdr Nathan Lundrigan
CFB

From my junk Folder:
Dear Dawn
Our customer, Mr. Nathan Lundrigan, has informed us that you are interested in buying his vehicle, 2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport, price $10500 CAD.
First of all, we want to inform you that the vehicle was never involved in any accident and no report of stolen vehicle was claimed on it. The service book is up to date. There is no outstanding finance or debt on this vehicle.
We would like to remind you that the seller has already paid for our services in advance so you don't have to pay any hidden fees.
Since you are a first time customer, please allow us to make you a short description of who we are and what we do.
uShip was founded in 2004 by a group of people willing to offer high class services lead by Mr. Matt Chasen. Since 2004, our mission was to provide the highest level of service to our customers, in order to build a trustworthy and long lasting relationship. Our vision is to become a leading competitive global shipping and logistics company, setting high level standards in the industry, a company whose employees and partners identify with its goals and values. uShip is based in Austin, Texas, with European headquarters in London, United Kingdom.
Please click here to view our feedback page, with testimonials from a few of our former clients.
Please reply to this e-mail in order to confirm that you are ready to proceed with the transaction.
Thank you!
Heather Hoover
Sales Department
uShip
http://www.uShip.com/ca

Hello Dawn, So what happened after the last email you got from Uship? Heather.
I am facing the same scam now and still at the second email from "Nathan"!!
Eli
#392336 by Brucenews Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:01 pm
same...definitely a scam for some time now. can the police and rcmp please take these people into custody now! Nathan gets so many long term deployments...how does he not become a classified car salesman? mine was for $12,500 on autotrader honda crv. fraud, fraud fraud. I will report as well to the police and the rcmp. Nathan, Heather Hoover, uship are all quite the military men! I was in a vulnerable state and wanted to do good with the wonderful opportunity and gift my Ford Focus to a new driver and was saved by the basic consumer protection law: do not purchase or forward money to their "safe" escrow while product remains nice in pictures but actually sight unseen!!!
#410429 by Briann Sun May 17, 2020 5:16 pm
I have also recently crossed paths with Cdr Nathan Lundrigan, who had a 2016 Honda CR-V for sale - asking price $11,000.00 It started with a text to a phone number in the 613 area code (Ottawa) who was supposedly Nathan's niece. The number is (613) 703-3391 She? advised to contact Nathan at the following : [email protected]. The following is copies of emails between Nathan and myself - you will see his are word for word the same as the others posted here.

Nathan Lundrigan <[email protected]>
Sun 2020-05-17 3:33 PM
Hi XXX, the car is still for sale. Because of coronavirus pandemic and since the car is in a military base with no access you can not go there and take it only the logistics company can deliver it because they have access in our base. The logistics company will take care of everything; Shipping and insurance, power of attorney to sign the bill of sale, all necessary documents. When the vehicle is delivered, you will have a 5 days inspection period to test it and inspect it. If you find any problems and don't agree to buy it, the vehicle is picked up. You will not have to pay any fees regardless of your decision. I'm sure it won't be the case because the car is in excellent condition. If you agree to buy it, after the inspection period, the ownership is changed to your name and the payment will be sent to me. Please send me your name, address, phone number and I will forward them to the logistics company. After that, they will contact you to make arrangements.

Thank you,
Cdr Nathan Lundrigan
CFB

Hi XXX, first of all I want to thank you for you interest in my 2016 Honda CR-V SE AWD. I want to let you know that is in great condition, 54150 kms, no accidents, no rust, service records up-to-date, clean title no loan or lien on it. The car is registered in ON, it's e-tested and certified, you won't have any problems registering the car in your name. I am selling the car because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back overseas. I hate to sell it, but it's not worth keeping it in storage.

The price is $11000.

Thank you,
Cdr Nathan Lundrigan
CFB

Hope this is helpful to others who this individual has been in touch with.
Last edited by AlanJones on Sun May 17, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
#415295 by takemeriver Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:27 pm
I'm so thankful for this site! I just had the EXACT same interaction but with a different number and email.

Here is how it went:

1. I noticed the car on Autotrader (I have an image of the link I shared on WhatsApp but the ad is gone now)
2. I emailed the "seller" through Autotrader from the ad which included my phone number.
3. I heard nothing that day/night and I noticed the ad was taken down.
4. The "seller" sent me a text message the next day asking for my email address telling me he will forward the info (I have an image of this).
5. The "seller" forwarded the details to my email (I took a picture but for some reason I can't add them to this thread? So I will just copy it and paste it here):

Donald Grant <[email protected]>

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in my vehicle. (pics attached)
I want to let you know that it is in great condition, no accidents, no rust, service records up-to-date, clear title no loan or lien on it. The price, as stated in the ad, is $ 11800 .The car is registered in ON, it's e-tested and certified, you won't have any problems registering the car in your name. I am selling the car because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back over the seas. I hate to sell it, but it's not worth keeping it in storage.
Please email me back if you're interested and have any questions.

Best regards,
Donald Grant

6. I sent an email back asking questions and doing my due diligence.
7. This is where I started to get suspicious and knowing a private sale is risky, I looked stuff up and voila, I found this thread!

I am awaiting the next email. I will be reporting this phone number (+1-647-954-4399) and email ([email protected]) to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre tomorrow morning. I wish they would put more money into fighting and shutting down this crap!
#415299 by takemeriver Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:10 pm
Second email received and it's the same as posted here! It says:

Donald Grant

carfax attached,
Since the car is in a military base with no access you can not go there and take it ,only the logistics company can deliver it because they have access in,our base. The car is already at our Military Logistics Department from CFB Petawawa, ON ready to be delivered. (I will pay the shipping) You will receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.The logistics company will take care of everything; Shipping and insurance, power of attorney to sign the bill of sale, all necessary documents. When the vehicle is delivered, you will have a 5 days inspection period to test it and inspect it. If you find any problems and don't agree to buy it, the vehicle is picked up. You will not have to pay any fees regardless of your decision. I'm sure it won't be the case because the car is in excellent condition. If you agree to buy it, after the inspection period, the ownership is changed to your name and the payment will be sent to me.
If you agree please send me your name, phone number and the delivery address.I will forward them to the logistics company so they can contact you to make all the arrangements.

Best regards,
Donald Grant

Avoid these scammers and report them. Tell family and friends so it doesn't happen to them too. Such a shame exploiting people and acting as military service members...