Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#379752 by Michelle Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:33 am

You've received wire transfer of 3,700.00 RON from MICHAEL JONES.

We are contacting you regarding the transfer that was placed by MICHAEL JONES in your favor, The total amount of 3,700.00 RON was paid to your account by MICHAEL JONES being payment of an auction item and it has been approved and the payment details are stated below.

Money Transfer From:
Bank Name: Citi Bank PLC
Account Name: MICHAEL JONES
Account Number : XXXX-1876
Sort Code : 005076
Bank Branch: Churchill Place,London,England
E-Mail:
[email protected]

Delivery Information:
Name : MICHAEL JONES
Address

124 Bailey St

BARGOED

CF81 9HX

United Kingdom
Purchase

Current status: APPROVED TRANSFER
Please Read Carefully:The total amount above has been deducted from MICHEAL JONES account ,To this effect he or she has no right to withdraw or claim money back and fund will be credited into your account immediately the shipment is confirmed from you. Get back to us with the shipping tracking or reference number for verification proposes, Once shipment tracking code have been verified money will be credited into your Bank account immediately. Do not provide the buyer with the shipment tracking code until we credit your account. Mail the shipment tracking code to our customer care only at : [email protected]

Important Note: We have confirmed and verified the postage address provided by MICHEAL JONES, please send the item to the above address only for transaction to be Valid. For any questions Regarding this transfer, contact us [email protected]
Customer Care Team

Thanks you for using Citi! The Citi

Online Team

Copyright 2019 Citi. All rights reserved.
Citi Bank PLC. Registered in England.
Registered No. 187245.
Registered Office: 15 Gresham Street, London HB4F 4HN.
Registered in England and Wales No. 2065.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#388937 by Maik Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:52 pm
Okay, I do not undertsnad very well (because of my bad english).
But I am trying to sell a iphone through dutch marketplace. And they offered me a bid I accepted.
They have asked me my name and iban to tranfer the money and give me the qouted adres for shipment:

[email protected]

Name: John Gordon Norris
Address: 43,Dale Street,
State, City: Scunthrope, North Lincolnshire
Zip Code: DN15 7LP,

Should I be worried. I haven't send anything yet. But they can't transfer money from my bank to theirs can they?

thanks for replying.
Maik Rovers
#389556 by addisjensen Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:59 am
Hey man I literally have the same dude. Trying to sell my iphone on marktplaats and this guy pops up overnight asking me to send it. He has bad english and seem to ignore some messages. What do we do? Im guessing NOT send the phone since this name seems to pop up on a lot of sites as a scam.

EDIT: I almost sent it too.
Last edited by AlanJones on Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed irrelevant photo
#391699 by Tygo Otten Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:48 am
addisjensen wrote:Hey man I literally have the same dude. Trying to sell my iphone on marktplaats and this guy pops up overnight asking me to send it. He has bad english and seem to ignore some messages. What do we do? Im guessing NOT send the phone since this name seems to pop up on a lot of sites as a scam.

EDIT: I almost sent it too.

I have send my iphone to the adress and never got the money, i am working on it now to get my money back its 520 euro.the police is trying to get the money back but anyway he is a scammer so be care.