Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#391826 by Michelle Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:00 am
Barry Richards <[email protected]>

Hello,
I am the seller of the 2007 Volkswagen T5 T28. I am very glad that you are interested to buy my camper. Actual asking price is £7.100.
The camper is still there, I have the V5 document present in my name, current MOT certificate and a full service history. Current mileage is 90300.
Regards,
Barry John Richards

Hi,
The van is reg as campervan. Since I am in the Isle of Man there are only 2 ways to do this sale:

* The first option is to use a transport company that deals with the transaction, van and the money as escrow. I travel for my work and I do not have time to bring the van and I think your free time is limited too, so this is the perfect way to make things easier, fast and safe for both of us. I will pay the company, so you will not pay extra money then the van price. You will get the van to your home address, and you can check the van before making the final decision. I think this is the perfect way for us.

* The second option is by using PayPal pay after delivery service: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/p ... very-terms

Please let me know how you want to continue with this transaction and I will provide more details.
Regards,
Barry John Richards

Hi,
See pics attached. We can do everything through the transport company, uShip, they are taking care of everything and they can arrange a delivery to your address. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £7,100 with the delivery charges included. If you decide to buy the van let me know, as I have a lot of people inquiring about and send me an e-mail with your full details (Full name, Address, Phone number). As soon as I have your details I will pass them to the shipping company and they will start the procedures. Next step they will get in touch with you and send you an invoice for the van, the tracking number to check the status of the delivery at any time and all the rest of the transaction details. After you've received the invoice you'll need to make the payment by bank transfer to the transport company (NOT to me) and they will hold the money into their bank account until you receive, inspect and agreed to keep the van. For the buyer's peace of mind I've also added a 5 DAYS REFUND POLICY so if you won't like the van, you'll receive a full refund, no fees or taxes deducted. If the van is not as described, the transport company will transfer the money back into your bank account. If you decide to keep the van after the 5 days inspection period, you will need to sign the owner transfer papers and only then I will get the money from the transport company.
Regards,
Barry John Richards

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#392088 by BobbyRox Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:43 pm
Hi,
Barry is reselling a campervan again on eBay, this time by the username oliwilk_86.
The communications are exactly the same patter as previous...I'm in the Isle of man, transport escrow etc.
Stay safe,
Bobby.