Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#382946 by Michelle Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:49 am

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm from United State of America and really interested in buying the Item so am satisfied with the price and the conditions, I wont be able to come and inspect the goods due to my work right now my private courier will be coming for the pickup which is Parcel 2go Shipping Company.

I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the PayPal charges on this transaction and if you don't have an account with PayPal, its pretty easy to register safe and secured to open one. Just log on to http://www.paypal.com and get your account easily with your email address Ok.

So here is the details needed from you below:

Name:
PayPal Email address:
Home Address:
Cell Phone No:
Amount:

Many Thanks.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#386267 by AlanJones Mon May 20, 2019 11:42 pm

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm from United State of America and really interested in buying the Item so am satisfied with the price and the conditions, I wont be able to come and inspect the goods due to my work right now my private courier will be coming for the pickup which is Parcel 2go Shipping Company.

I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the PayPal charges on this transaction and if you don't have an account with PayPal, its pretty easy to register safe and secured to open one. Just log on to http://www.paypal.com and get your account easily with your email address Ok.

So here is the details needed from you below:

Name:
PayPal Email address:
Home Address:
Cell Phone No:
Amount:

Many Thanks.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#394359 by Daniel 007 Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:47 am
Received the following SMS from number : 087 240 6545. This is one of those multi use multi tenant SMS numbers...

SMS Reads:

"Hello do you still have your instrument ,if yes please kindly get back to me on my e-mail:- [email protected]"

Definitely a scammer!

I am in South Africa.

Modus operandi:

They send you a forged PayPal email (from a gmail address, impersonating PayPal) informing that the funds have been paid into your PayPal account. (Of course this is bullshit) and they will usually include the "courier fee" that you need to pay to the supposed courier that will be collecting your item.

Then after that shortly you will get another fake email from the "courier" telling you to pay the shipping amount (usually a few hundred $) into a e-wallet or something that is not traceable. This is how they make money from victims... After the money has been paid, they just disappear and you have been scammed.

They also use WhatsApp using international numbers.

So NEVER deal with international buyers. It's not worth the risk...
ALWAYS pay attention to the email account the sender of the email is using and VERIFY.

If you have a PayPal account, if the money does not reflect in your account, its not there, no such thing about "it's still clearing" or that kind of bullshit.

Stay safe everyone!
#394362 by Michelle Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:10 pm
Wynne Loren Anne <[email protected]>

Hello,

Thank you for your answering, I am interested in buying it and what the price for it in Rands?
How Long have you owned it and can i have some recent pics?

Cheers

+27 (0)87 240 6518

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#396557 by Michelle Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:17 am
Wynne Loren Anne <[email protected]>

The payment has been made and carried out completely and you should have receive the payment confirmation of the payment in notice you can check your e-mail for confirmation of payment so kindly check your INBOX Or SPAM, Folder. The (Bike ) would be picked up by the Parcel2gocourier Delivery Company which I've been using for a while and they're very reliable.

You should have notice that i made an extra payment and i am sure you noticed that,You are to send the extra amount to the Shipping Company through Money Gram as soon as possible.You can make the payment to any nearest Money Gram office near by to send the money to the shipping agents address and also it is necessary that once you have make the payment to the shipping agents address you are required to send the Money Gram scan receipt for verification to complete the transaction.

I would like you to send me your full contact for the picking-up, You should send the money soon so that the Pick Up would be scheduled and you would know when the Pick Up would commence,Make sure you're home.

It's Nice Doing Business With You

#396799 by Glenton Kendrick Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:01 pm
Just received a reply from "wynnelorenanne101" to my Gumtree ad for a guitar I am selling. I mailed some photos to this "person" and then decided to google the name as I am a naturally cautious person. Led me straight to this forum! Thank goodness! I am in SA.
Thanks to SCAMWARNERS!!
Glenton.