Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#397314 by AlanJones Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:55 am
^^^ see the below

Tim Atem wrote:It's a scam. No bank would be using a free email address. Ignore any further emails from them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#411999 by AlanJones Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:11 pm
Read back through the previous posts and you will see that it has been stated numerous times that it is a scam. Your situation is no different from the other posters.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#434728 by AlanJones Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:33 am
As I said 2 posts above yours

AlanJones wrote:Read back through the previous posts and you will see that it has been stated numerous times that it is a scam. Your situation is no different from the other posters.

No bank uses free email addresses.
No bank will email someone who is not their customer asking them to provide information or pay a fee/refund.
No bank will ask you to pay money to a random bank account or using Western Union or gift cards.

If you are buying or selling something online, the bank has no involvement in that transaction and if they are not your bank, they will not have your email address, so there is no way they would be emailing you.

#434729 by Pito Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:08 am
What about the buyer made a transaction RM88 through scotia bank n the buyer ask me to provide my email address so that the bank will email me regarding the transactions and Later on the bank emailed me with this email address that I've received is "[email protected]"
Request me to transfer RM500 to the agent involved as below in order to get a refund bck to my account total RM588

***TRANSFER SUCCESSFUL - Status - PENDING ***IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON HOW TO COMPLETE THIS TRANSACTION***PROCEED WITH THE REFUND RIGHT AWAY***

**Transfer Order From Scotia Bank - Transfer Number: SW18099887672990NL***
Related image
Sender's Account Details (from)

Account Name :

Account Number :

Bank Name :

Account Type :

Transfer Type :

Total Amount :

Transfer Status:

Muhamad Hanif

140292699**

Scotia Bank

Current

INSTANT

RM 588.00

Successful (pending)
RM 588.00

Dear XXX,

This confirms that you have received a payment of RM 588.00 from Muhamad Hanif via Scotia Bank Merchandise Payment Service which was accepted.

Reversals: This method of payment can not be REVERSED or CANCELLED. Payment have been deducted from the sender's account.

Transfer Approved ***PENDING***

View the "NOTE" of this pending transaction below

Seller's Bank Details (As Provided by the buyer):

Name:
MAN******
Bank Name:
Account Number:
Maybank
1520********
MALAYSIA (MY)

Bank Details Status:

Verified!

Important Notice: We've placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction

We want you to understand that here at Scotia Bank our top most concern is to serve you better in terms of security.

We want you to understand that this is an international transaction and the sum of RM 88.00 cannot be received by you because it was insufficient to be approve by our database and it's the International Banking Policy.

The least amount that can be approved starts from RM 588.00. We are sending you this message because we have already deducted an additional RM 500.00 from your buyer's account (Automatically) so that it could reach the limit of transfer.

Therefore, we urge you to REFUND the balance of RM 500.00 making an instant transfer to our agent account via bank transfer or ATM machine CDM and send us the copy of the transfer confirmation/receipt for verification so that the total sum of RM 588.00 would be unlocked and credited into your account immediately.

AGENT BANK PAYMENT DETAILS

Transfer Funds To Account Below:

ACCOUNT NAME : LEE SENG

BANK NAME : Maybank

ACCOUNT NUMBER : 5142-2646-0188

Once the transfer has been done by you, Please reply us with the proof of transfer confirmation here [email protected]

Note: You MUST complete this transaction because the payment has been deducted from your buyer's account, and failure to get it done will attract extra pending charges for a pending transaction. We kindly URGE you to get it done immediately you get this message.

Please, If you need to ask a question or help, Reply to this email. [email protected] . This mailbox is being monitored and you will receive a response as soon as possible
Thank you for using Scotia Bank!
The Scotia Bank Team.
Scotia Bank © 2022 All Rights Reserve

All rights reserved. Scotia Bank (Europe) Limited is Authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the Netherlands, Europe and World Wide as An Electronic Instant Money Transfer Institution.
Scotia Bank FSA Register Number: 2260

THIS TRANSACTION IS BEING MONITORED BY THE INTERPOL AND FBI

(HAVE LOGO)

May I know is this fake too as buyer is the one that asking for my email address in order for him to give it to the bank to email me regarding the transactions? Thank you
#434730 by AlanJones Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:13 am
You've already been given an answer

IT IS A SCAM