Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#371187 by Dubstr Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:03 pm
This is probably a scam.i read some topics that looks the same I think my pakage never will be deliverd.they probably never send it. And i lost 500 euro. Gave me a tracking number but it will be fake to... anyone help or tips
Ist this true or a scam

Website tracking http://ionavialimited.com

The email the firts send me...

Your mail has been detected suspicious and carries illegal content within the EU jurisdiction.  Following Section 7, Article 4 (NW-07/4 039746/13) of 20th MAY 2013 of the EU/US AVIATION COMMITTEE & the International Regulatory Board for Medical & research products It has been placed ON HOLD. Refundable Insurance Cover is urgently required. Once this insurance is covered your Air Cargo will be set for departure to Belgium 

NOTIFICATION !!!!

IA Logistics wishes to inform you about an insurance that your package needs to come with. 

Your package was registered as a DISCRETE package and according to the way we ship, discrete packages are never checked by customs and this is entirely or mostly because of the insurance that comes with. 

This insurance cost is higher than the value of the package but at the same time, it is 95% refundable. 

The custom officers don't know it's refundable so they believe it's a premium package and won’t touch it unless something toxic is coming out of it that renders the package suspicious which isn’t the case with your package. 

You are required to pay an insurance levy of £1500 .

The package will carry the insurance policy with it and once it goes through custom and reaches your address, 95% of this amount will be refunded to you. 

This means that your real insurance cost is £75 because £1,425 will be refunded to you. 

We usually ask the receiver of the package to pay the levy because he or she will be the one to receive the refund. Also, in the case of a total or partial loss of your package, this insurance is going to cover the value of the package including the refundable insurance levy.  

The fastest way for us to receive this amount (£1500) is via moneygram or western union because it’s fast and instant and also because a bank transfer to us is going to take up to 3 days which may lead to unnecessary delay. 

We don’t have any cashier who can be able to confirm payment by this method so we spoke with your sender and its ok for you to use the same address he gave to you yesterday. 

It’s advisable to make this payment as fast as possible because the next flight that’s going to leave for Belgium where the package has to be shipped leaves this Afternoon

Once it’s confirmed, your tracking information will be updated as soon as the flight leaves. 

About the refund, a form has been attached with this email. 

Fill this form at your convenience but before the package arrives. When the package is delivered, we’ll send the refundable amount (£1,425) via the payment method selected in the form. Therefore the form has to be scanned and sent to us once you’ve filled it. 

The refund may take up to 24 hours depending on the mode of payment chosen, the time when the package and also the time difference between us. 

Note: Your shipment number is your tracking number. (When filling the form)

You can get with your sender for we have explained everything to him in full detail.  

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

IA Logistics Team

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Head Office:

ION Aviation Limited

Registration No:  IE517394

Address:  Dublin 4

VAT Number: IE 9841121H

Principal Activity:[63.40] Activities of Other Transport Agencies 

Email: [email protected]

tracking info

Shipment Information Retrieved
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracking # ial89236560
COURIER
PICK UP DATE / TIME
ORIGIN

ION AVIATION LTD
08/08/2018, 11:00 AM
FL(Florida) ,USA
FINAL DESTINATION
HOUTHULST - BELGIUM
10 AUGUST 2018
28 grams. (Ounce)
REGULAR ENVELOPES

08 AUG 2018 11:11 AM MIAMI INT'L AIRPORT (MIA) ACCEPTED SHIPMENT AT SORT FACILITY MIAMI INT'L AIRPORT (MIA)
08 AUG 2018 12:30 AM MIAMI INT'L AIRPORT (MIA) CHECKING MAIL UNDER CHECKING AT ABL TERMINAL
08 AUG 2018 12:45 AM MIAMI INT'L AIRPORT (MIA) APPROVED PARCEL APPROVED ON FLIGHT 3012 IAL
09 AUG 2018 07:05 AM MIAMI INT'L AIRPORT (MIA) DEPARTURE DEPARTURE FROM MIAMI INT'L AIRPORT (MIA) USA

09 AUG 2018
07:15 AM
USA AIRSPACE
TRANSIT
ON TRANSIT TO TORONTO, CANADA
09 AUG 2018 10:05 AM TORONTO AIRPORT CANADA ARRIVED MAIL ARRIVED TORONTO PEARSON INT'L AIRPORT CANADA
09 AUG 2018 10:20 AM TORONTO AIRPORT CANADA CHECKING CHECKING APPROVED & READY FOR DEPARTURE
09 AUG 2018 10:35 AM TORONTO AIRPORT CANADA DEPARTURE DEPARTURE FROM PEARSON INT'L AIRPORT, CA.
09 AUG 2018 11:11 AM TORONTO,CANADA AIRSPACE TRANSIT FLIGHT ON TRANSIT TO CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT, FRANCE
CONNECTING:-
2+.. STOPS (FRANCE)
09 AUG 2018 06:05 PM PARIS AIRSPACE ARRIVED MAIL ARRIVED CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT
09 AUG 2018 07:22 AM PARIS, FRANCE CHECKING CHECKING AT CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT, PARIS
09 AUG 2018 09:05 PM PARIS FRANCE ON HOLD SHIPMENT ON HOLD AT CHARLES
Advertisement

#371188 by Dubstr Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:12 pm
Said i couldnt directly paid the amount. This is what they texted me back..

Can you have cash within a week |(7days) to complete this deposit ? If
YES, When (date) can you effectively do it ?
  So we can securely keep the parcel in our vault. And also explain to
authorities that you will be meeting your obligation within the
specified time given.

NB: Kindly be sure of appointment date chosen and we not release it
for investigation except upon default.

Send us your reply ( Day. Date ) so we can register it in our books

IA Logistics Team
#371189 by AlanJones Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:26 pm
It's a definite scam. There is no such thing as refundable insurance.

Whatever item you are expecting to be delivered does not exist and the seller is part of the scam.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#371190 by Dubstr Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:43 pm
So i tell them there are a scam and i will not responds to anyting any more... or any thing else... and the tracking website is part of al this or is this company (not) legit... this i never had before and hoping to get out of this. And will never happen agian.. lesson learned :roll:
#371192 by AlanJones Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:51 pm
The seller is fake and the courier is fake.

Don't tell them anything, just block them and stop responding.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#371193 by Dubstr Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:56 pm
AlanJones wrote:The seller is fake and the courier is fake.

Don't tell them anything, just block them and stop responding.

Thanks for the feedback. never thought I would experience this. I feel stupid. it all seems so real. here seen that I am not alone. I have learned a lesson. if it is too good to be true then it certainly is not
#404769 by afoolafool Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:19 pm
PACKAGE INFO
Inbox
x

Ups Mailing <[email protected]>
2:51 AM (4 hours ago)
to me

Accept greetings from us madam you requested to know about were we located and the delivery address of the shipment.
We are located in the city of NEW YORK USA. We will like to inform you to go back on whatsapp so we will be able to talk more for we have all your information

Recipient name: ..

Recipient number:...

Recipient address: ..

Recipient city: ..

Recipient country: .....

We have your documents ready as we said you will get your package delivered to you on Tuesday looks like you hidding something from us that why you blocked us on WhatsApp we are waiting to hear from you soon madam

received this just now, this looks like it is written by hand but it is lowkey making me worried! please, i need advices on what to do.
#404772 by AlanJones Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:07 pm
You have been told that it is a scam and that the package doesn't exist. This email is even more proof of that.

UPS doesn't use free email services like Gmail.

Just delete the email and don't respond to them. And ignore any further emails from anyone else who writes to you about the package.

#407720 by RedEclipse Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:07 pm
Hello,

I ordered sth as discreet. I paid for the order and more for the shipment.
Now the shipment company wants me to pay at first 500 for special insurance beecause the package is discreet and they don't know what is imside.
I got a mail which was foe me stamge and I don't find the comapny on the internet just over the link they send me per whatsapp.
I told them that I don't have that money just 240 and they said ok so just pay that and now they are writtimg me to pay amd if one methode doesn't functions to try enother one. And I said no they won't get a cent because I alredy paid shipmemnt they are saying that they try to handle that calm and that I need to pay or they will give package to customs.