Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#403551 by Michelle Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:57 am

You have received a payment from Mike Chun ([email protected])

Estimated funds availability
This payment is currently PENDING as it awaits shipment verification, so you're to get the item ship then email us the tracking details for verification and the money will reflect in your account as soon as the shipment has been verified.

How to ship your buyer's item(s) and Payment assurance
Pick up the item(s) and go to the nearest USPS to ship out the item(s).
Get a tracking number with a receipt and Manually enter the shipment tracking details to us for verification of shipment to our tracking center at [email protected]
Instant funds to your PayPal account after the shipment has been verified.

Shipping address - Confirmed
Adesso Olajide,
Suite 14506059,
2229 NW 79th Ave,
Miami, Florida
33122, USA

Questions:
Please send all the messages to the above email. We are able to respond to account inquiries sent to the above email

© 2020 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

PNEID8PP1

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#405035 by Harleylunar Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:12 pm
I just had this same scam too, i was trying to see something through facebook and this person messaged me trying to get me to send them goods by sending me this fake paypal email as below

Dear Harley Moon,

Thank you for using PayPal. This is a confirmation letter from PayPal confirming Mike Chun ([email protected]) as a verified merchant. Your payment of $1,300.00 USD has been deducted from the merchant's account and it has been APPROVED but will remain pending to be credited into your account until the shipment tracking details of the item(s) is sent to us for verification to secure both buyer and seller's interest and to make sure they do their respective activities in the transaction we hold.

However, your payment is safe with us. Therefore, you are hereby instructed to carry out the shipment and mail us the shipment tracking details of the package for verification and your account will be credited immediately we've confirm and authentically verify the shipment tracking number through our processing units.
Your account will be credited immediately with the full payment of $1,300.00 USD as paid into your account by the buyer of your item(s) and a confirmation mail will be sent to your PayPal email ID notifying you that your fund has been credited into your account.

NOTE: Email us the shipment tracking details by replying the tracking number of the package to this mail or to the payment notification mail we sent you earlier after the made the payment to your account.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Questions? Contact the customer help center by relying this mail or click here Feedback.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

BEWARE THIS IS A SCAM and i caught him out, he did send me the exact same initial email as you above from the [email protected] address with the same postal address:

Shipping address - Confirmed
Adesso Olajide,
Suite 14506059,
2229 NW 79th Ave,
Miami, Florida
33122, USA

completely different name too.
Anyway i googled the email and this site came up so THANK YOU for confirming my suspicions!

H
#411510 by cjdiego93 Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:05 pm
WOW! Thank you for this forum!! I was just having a conversation with him! He mentioned that he wanted tobuy a laptop from me via Facebook marketplace. He was willing to pay more than my asking price as it included the shipping costs from Australia to the US. I never got his shipping information but he had mentioned that he was from Florida, with the exact same zip code as mentioned in the earlier messages. I was a little bit suspicious so I decided to do a bit of research.

It was not until he provided me with his email address that I googled it and this forum came up. I blocked and deleted him straight away. Is there anyway you guys might know a way to avoid communication with him again?

Thanks again!!