Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#406547 by Peter Andersen Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:12 am
A regular scammer it seems. He contacted me, trying to buy a camera lens, from a online selling platform. He wrote he was from UK, and I have sold things to UK before so, well no problems as long as he pays in advance.

But he wanted to contact me over Whatsapp, not email. Hmm.. So I said he could contact me on Skype. I tried to make a online video chat with him, but impossible.

He should pay for the item, and he asked how much it would be in euro - because in UK they used euro.
Nope they use British pounds in UK :-) He didn't know that. When you are a scammer, its important that you know basic things about the country you are trying to scam from. Haha....

After that I was 100% sure it was a scam, so of cause I didn't do anything. I got an email from a "Santander Bank PLC.".... from a gmail account :-) that is stupid. About "Payment approved" and so on.

I should have known from the beginning, and I have been scammed from Nigerian scammers before.

So to everyone: Steven Gaukroger is back..... be careful. Now he is going to report me to "the nearest police". :o he wrote on Skype :-)

Peter
Advertisement

#406548 by AlanJones Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:13 am
Please help his other victims by posting the current contact details and those of the fake Santander bank.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#409753 by mrEgon Tue May 05, 2020 8:42 am
Hi,
I have been contacted tonight by the same scammer. It happened on a Swedish platform where I'm selling photographic gears. He said he was interested in buying a whole bunch of material, he only asked for a couple of details about the cost for delivery everything in the UK, and immediately asked for my bank details to order the transfer in advance. He was confusing in his messages and not always easy to understand.
I became suspicious and got back to him with questions about the gears he was interested in but I didn't get any answer. Before gave him any details I asked for his address to have his name and check a bit around and luckily I found out this topic.
He gave me the following information as it is, with typos and weird spacing:

Name : Steven Gaukroger
Addres: Flat 5 Derwent road, St, Anne's, Lythem st Annnes
City,State, Lancashir
ZIP code.... FY83BJ
Country.... United Kingdom

He was insisting for having my details in this form, like in a brutal copy and paste.:

Account name:

Bank name:

Iban:

Bic:

Email:

Total cost:

I hope this information can be useful for other users.
Thank you!
#413455 by rm.reyes Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:39 pm
Yes, he is active. "Steven" reached out to me today about the two laptops I recently put online. It was so fast that I could not believe it in the beginning. He was pretty much rushing me to ship it as soon as possible to the same address mentioned below:

Steven Gaukroger
5 derwent road st Anne lytham
Lancashire FY83 BJ
United Kingdom

I didn't think much of it and almost send it to him but then got directed from a friend to his website. I could not believe me eyes when I was reading multiple articles about this guy and how he has scammed so many people by now. I was scammed 7,5 EUR in total for the shipping boxes which was not refundable but I am thankful to this site to have not been scammed more than that.

Don't believe this guy! We also called him up. Guess what... He did not even sound British.
#413710 by hyc Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:43 am
This person is active again and responded to my Macbook ad on Marktplaats (a dutch webshop). He responded very quickly and wanted to make the deal as soon as possible. He told me he was not in the Netherlands but he would pay for the shipping to the UK. After the deal was made, he became very demanding. He wanted me to take the advertisement down and to discuss the shipping process via Whatsapp. He was really rude and pressured me to ship the macbook today. He took a lot of time to put his address information together and to complete the banktransfer. When he finally gave me the address information, I went to google it and came here to see he has scammed a lot of people. When confronting him he pretended he did not know what I was talking about and advised me to await the payment. I then received a "confirmation" of a banktransfer from Standard Charted Bank (UK), which looked like a classic phishing mail including spelling mistakes and bad graphics. I then blocked him and reported him on Marktplaats. I hope I can warn others not to fall for his tricks.

Name: GD Stephen or Steven Gaukroger
Email: [email protected]
"bank"email: [email protected] and [email protected]
Address: 5 Derwent Road, Lytham Saint Annes
City, state, zipcode: Lancashire , FY8 3BJ, United Kingdom.
number: +44 7451 242345

DO NOT FALL FOR HIS SCAM!!!