Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#429312 by Michelle Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:48 am
Mark Evans <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in my camper. Nothing needs to be done or changed/repaired. The camper is in perfect condition, everything does work as it should with no faults. It just has to go due to lack of use. There are no hidden issues. Damp free. No damages. No accidents involved. Unfortunately at the moment I can only arrange delivery asap as I'm away from home working as a tanker driver. 4 owners. Owned since November 2018. I have the V5 document present in my name, current MOT certificate(ends in September 2022) and a full service history. CamTiming belt changed on last service at 84k miles. The asking price reduced for quick sale is £5,400. If you have any other questions please reply me back. Also please find more photos attached
Regards,
Mark

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#429313 by Michelle Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:06 am
Mark Evans <[email protected]> wrote:

The camper is already in the company custody that's why delivering it is my very best option at the moment. Let me explain how it works and maybe we can have a deal. We can do everything through the transport company, uShip Inc, they are taking care of everything and they can arrange a delivery to your address. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £5,400 with the delivery charges included. If you decide to buy the camper let me know, as I have a lot of people enquiring about, and send me an e-mail with your full details (Full name, Address, Phone number). As soon as I have your details I will pass them to the shipping company and they will start the procedures. Next step they will get in touch with you and send you an invoice for the camper, the tracking number to check the status of the delivery at any time and all the rest of the transaction details. After you've received the invoice you'll need to make the payment by bank transfer to the transport company (NOT to me) and they will hold the money into their bank account until you receive, inspect and agreed to keep the camper. For the buyer's peace of mind I've also added a 5 DAYS REFUND POLICY so if you won't like the camper, you'll receive a full refund, no fees or taxes deducted. If the camper is not as described, the transport company will transfer the money back into your bank account. If you decide to keep the camper after the 5 days inspection period, you will need to sign the owner transfer papers and only then I will get the money from the transport company.
Regards,
Mark

eBay Seller Seller information
amapa-224

#431174 by tonywestonuk Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:21 pm
Yeh, I received a message exactly like this, after seeing and enquiring about his campervan on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353941429680?hash=item52688d9db0:g:hlUAAOSweTdiGj9x

I've send you an email about it.