Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#254841 by Saxonwhittle Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:56 pm
I'm selling my bike online and this message from [email protected] '2nd Lt.Mark Miner' has been sent to me after what must have been a fishing message initially:

Your asking price is quite reasonable & affordable considering others I've seen lately, I'll take it. I won't be able to come for the pick up due to my work. I'll arrange for pick up and delivery with a shipping agent.I'll make the payment through PayPal for the safety of both of us. I'll need your name, the pickup address & your paypal email address for the payment. If you don't have paypal account It's very easy and secured just visit www.paypal.co.uk and click on signup 2nd Lt.Mark Miner.

Best Regard

I searched for the email but saw nothing, but this email seems to be a stock message from a scammer who has no intention of buying stuff and every intention of robbing you. Wanted to post so the email and post came up in searches; these people are pretty low and time-wasters as I'm desperate to get rid of this bike!
Advertisement

#254843 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:09 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Saxonwhittle,

You are correct. It is a scammer trying to steal your money.

Thank you for the warning.

If you have any questions please ask.

Sell your bike face to face in your banks parking lot. Cash is the best method. You can also do the transaction at the buyer bank.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#316628 by Dbz Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:02 am
I have just had exactly the same As You.
Your asking price is quite reasonable & affordable considering others I've seen lately, I'll take it but I won't be able to present for the inspection due to nature of my work as ship steward. I will only arrange for a pick up agent to pick it up from your location after the payment has been completed via PayPal. .

Kingly get back to me with your Paypal full name and email address including your address for the pick up i will transfer the fund immediately thanks.

Best Regards,
Mrs.Ashley Rosa.