Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#260837 by Rikkurtis Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:23 pm
These guys are also on car by and sell websites. Check this out:

Thank you for the response to my message.I have read all the details on the advertisement.I am interested in buying it and i would like to get it as soon as possible. can you please tell me how long you have owned it? and what is the final price for it? and do you have more pictures?
I hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 2:05 PM, xxxx xxxxx wrote:

Hi George,

The car is indeed still for sale. €500. If you would like a test drive we can arrange one over the weekend.

R

Further replies from "George":

Okay thank you.I’m satisfied with the condition. I won't be able to come and view it myself because I am currently away for work.but if can you guarantee that it is in a good condition, I will meet up with your last price. I know there might be other buyers patronising you already. This is more reason why i would like to get this as soon as possible.i will pay you through PayPal as it is the fastest & easiest way for me to make payment at this moment, do not worry about PayPal charges, i will take care of that and about the transportation, i shall arrange for a transport agent to come to your home directly for the pickup and transport it to my home in Sofia after i have made all the necessary payment and you have confirmed this on your account.
So if you accept this transaction, you should send me your info requested below if you have an account already with PayPal:-

Name :
PayPal Email :
Mobile Number
amount:

so that i can proceed with the transfer and then we can arrange for my shipping company to come for the pick up, after you receive your money. I will need the address too for the pick up to be arranged.
i expect your reply soon.
Thank you .

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 3:05 PM, xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi George

We have had the car for 5 years. The final price is €500. We couldn't go any lower I'm afraid. Attached a few more pictures of the car.

Richard

On 17 Iúil 2015, at 15:43, GEORGE HARPER <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for the response to my message.I have read all the details on the advertisement.I am interested in buying it and i would like to get it as soon as possible. can you please tell me how long you have owned it? and what is the final price for it? and do you have more pictures?
I hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 2:05 PM, xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi George,

The car is indeed still for sale. €500. If you would like a test drive we can arrange one over the weekend.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
Advertisement

#356251 by JohnReacher7766 Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:54 am
This Scams is till being in use.

I just completed the transfer and you would have received confirmation from paypal.. so i want you to send me the address where the pick up would be made and i made an additional payment of 500 CHF for the shipping agent pick up fee and i am sure you noticed that, according to Paypal's policy you'll have to send the extra amount to the shipping company headquarters through Western Union and then send the Western Union money transfer information to Paypal for verification, so that the total amount of 1,860 CHF can be released into your paypal account and the transaction can be finalised... Here is the info you need to send the fee to the shipping agent through Western Union…

Transport Agent :

Name: ROBSON SANCHEZ
City : Athens
Postal Code : 10440

Now you should visit Western Union to complete the transaction, and reply the details to paypal when you are done.
I will advice you to check your inbox or spam/junk folder for the paypal confirmation email in one of these folders.
let me know as soon as you proceed to transfer the fee to the shipping agent.
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed comments about baiting
#356252 by AlanJones Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:58 am
Thank you for posting, the safest thing to do is stop writing to the scammer and block them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.