Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#4466 by John DeLaney Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:25 am
Hello there,
I saw your Ads and i am really intrested,pls let me know the price if
its still available for sale

pls let me know the price so that i can arrange for it asap

Thanks you for the prompt response to my mail enquiry i'm quite satisfied with the condition of the item and price.I'm very much interested in buying the item from you and i would like to make an outright purchase immediately so i will advice that you withdraw the advert from the web.I will be paying with a certified check.

Furthermore my mover will be coming over for the pick up as i might not be available for the pick up myself i would have loved to come and look it up but presently i'm not chanced to do that but am OK with the information from the ad.I will need the following information and details to make payment arrangement

1,Your full name to be on the Payment.
2,Your postal address.
3,Your phone number both land and mobile.
4,Your postal code.

Send me the following information as soon as possible.

Regards

edit
good day to you, sorry for all the inconviniences and unusual delay in payment i was down with typhoid fever so my secretary delayed the payment till i get better and now i am in pretty good condition so please i hope it is still available cause i am in dire need of it cause my secretary actually told me to surf for it on the internet and i got to like yours with a passion so please respond to this email immediately cause we are about sending payment to the address you provided i am waiting to get your response .regardsandrew

Hi

How are you doing today? I want you to know that the deal is on
and according to my Secretary she has posted your payment already and
you will have it anytime from now,i guess you know how to handle
everything and please don't bother about any other buyer but there was a little problem which i guess we can handle with understanding when i contacted my secretary to know maybe the check as already been sent,i got to know that there was a misinterpretation while sending the check according to the instruction i gave her.

she was suppose to have send you a check of £300 for the item, but instead she sent a check payment of £3300 It was a terrible mistake and the check is already out for delivery to your location before i was
alerted about this, but i guess she didn't get it straight,so please i
wouldn't like this to disturb our transaction as the deal is still on
and what will happen is that once you get the check you should please
take it to the your bank and cash it immediately.

You then deduct a $100 for all the trouble i have put you through during the course of this transaction as well as for your running around ad the bank charges for cashing the check,so that you can then wire the excess fund to my mover via western union money transfer that same day. It was her intention to collect the money and send it to the
mover for outstanding payment that he is currently being owed from the
other items he as transported for us,since its now coming to you now,i
guess i can count on you that you can handle this with trust and have
the excess money wire to mover.

Please do mail me back immediately to let me know that i can count on you to handle everything with care. I will be expecting your mai l as soon as possible thank you.
Best Regards and Have a Great Day ahead!!!

Compliments of the season to you and your family.

I am really sorry that i have not contact you for a while,i was on a business trip and could not attends to my emails.My secretary has just inform you that you must have got the payment by now and i am very sure you have have deposited it in your bank account and cash must have been cleared.

My mover is waiting to come for the pick up,so i will need to know the nearest airport and a good description on how he can locate you from the nearest airport.

Waiting to hear from you Asap so that my mover can make quick arrangement.Thanks for your understanding.Wishing you a wonderful new year

Best regards

John DeLaney
Advertisement