Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#35550 by umut Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:06 am
She has placed some ads for a car with a price of 50% of its value. She says she's moved to London so all she wants is to sell the car ASAP. Details:

Hello ,
First of all, i must apologize for the long email that i send you, but i could not explain you the procedure with less words. So please read carefully my proposal because i am sure that you'll find it a safe and fast way to close the deal.

Here is what I propose:

The service name that we'll use is Western Union transfers. You must find the nearest Western Union agency (http://www.westernunion.com) and you go to Western Union and you send money 50% to any name you want but in my direction, Example "The Name of the issuer ... your name. "The Name of the receiver .... The name of your wife, your Brother's Name, The Name of Friend. But you put my address, my city, my country.Only you and the receiver can have access at the money because you are the sender and the receiver will be your wife,husband or your best friend and send me the scanned receipt attach to email.

(I will pay the western union fees when we will meet)
As soon as I see the scanned receipt as a proof that you've made the payment, I will fly to Turkyie.(We will verify the car with a mechanical service and at police to.)I also accept any test.
We will meet in Turkyie and we will finish the deal. I will help you to make all papers and obtain plates.If you don't want to buy the car I will pay the transfer fees(you don`t have anything to loose). I assure you that you will love this car and you will buy it. It is in perfect conditions.
As you can see from the proposal i made you, this transaction is secure for both of us, because you'll not send me any money in advance, and also i have the insurance that you are a serious buyer.

I have plenty customers interested to buy the car.I will come for the first one that provides me the scanned paper from WesternUnion. As soon as I have the confirmation from WesternUnion that the money are available. I'll cancel the transaction with the others.
If you want to convince me to meet without sending the paper as i told you, please don't lose your time and mine, because i am not going to accept any other transaction.
I wait for your reply.
Thank you!
P.S. You will retract the money when i will meet with you and give me the money for the car.
Advertisement

#35552 by Arnold Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:31 am
Welcome to Scamwarners.
Only you and the receiver can have access at the money because you are the sender and the receiver will be your wife,husband or your best friend and send me the scanned receipt attach to email.

Nonsense! Scammers are increasingly using that approach with some success. If you don't know how insecure WU is, it sounds reasonable.