Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#281279 by MEannetoni18 Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:47 pm
i found an advertisement in trovit and email the "seller" and here's the reply i got, it's almost the same as the reply to others here. so im assuming this is also a scam.

Good Day Sir .

I'm Bernard Jean Marie LASSAIGNE , and i contact you about the sale of my car Mitsubishi Adventure 2.5L Engine 2005 Year is still avalaible . It is in great mechanical and cosmetic condition, has been properly maintained and always garage kept, never been involved in accidents. it comes with complete and clean papers and the price I'm selling it is at only php 180 000 which includes all charges to find quiclky a buyer because this sale is very urgent to me .

Here is the information about my car :

Good Mitsubishi Adventure 180k ,
2005 Year
88,000 km mileage
2.5L Engine
Diesel Fuel
Manual transmission
Rear Wheel Drive
Cloth interior
Aircon
Airbags
Power steering
Electric windows
Immobilizer
Central lock
Alarm
CD audio system
Private us service plan
Warranty: personal warranty

REASON OF SELLING :

I am a civil servant of state, therefore I came worked as ready, to serve God in a church as Philippines during 2 years, therefore I believe firmly in a God. During my mission of ready, the government touched me a car, currently I finished my mission as Philippines and I must turn over in my country France for will see my parents, therefore I decided to sell my car, reason for which I it board entrusted to a guard as Philippines able to deal with the direct delivery once he will return in liaison with you, I profit to tell you that my car is in excellent state, because I did not lead it all the time, therefore always nine, it is really a gift coming from the sky to the person who will be her new owner; but the car is currently with a guard in Philippines with whom I already arranged all before leaving. Thus if you are interested my caretacker delivers to you at your house in any city which you are to Philippines without taking any transport costs because I already paid all before leaving. Thus the car is currently with the guard with all his already wrapped documents, which are updated like the absolute sale contract, the official reception and the reception of Certicate of the car, the map of service and the warranty of the car; and all documents concerning for the car. Thus if all is correct for you, leave-Juste me your complete detail initially following this form which my guard left me so that I can send it to the person who will be interested by my car and whereas he contacts you concerning the suitable delivery date. Thank you to provide me your complete information so that I can put to you in liaison with my guard for one return of delivery: .

full name... ... ... ... .............................................

City ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .................................

Home Delivery Address complet... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Zipcode ... ... ... ... ... ... ...................................

Mobile phone ... ... ............................................

Email Add...............................................................

once this full detail on my side,i will send it to my caretaker and he contact you for the rest.

That the Good God protects you , Amen .
Message of ready which serves God .
Lend . Bernard Jean Marie LASSAIGNE .

Take care. Happy New Years .

PS: You will have in attachment the recent photographs of my car before my return to join my parents in France .
Advertisement

#281282 by Mike Wilson Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:12 am
Hello MEannetoni18,
Thanks for posting the email from this scam. Everything he said in the email is a lie in an attempt to steal money from you. The best thing to do now is to just ignore him by not responding to any possible future emails.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#309591 by mactoledo Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:01 am
Someone messaged me on FB asking if I'm the seller of the car she also sent me an image of my Driver's License which is weird since I never posted my license online.

The seller of this car - http://www.sheryna.ph/2014-Toyota-Fortu ... ity-479871 is also a scammer.

Here's the email sent:

HI
I have just received your request on the sale of my car
2014 Toyota Fortuner V 4x2 Diesel Matic 2015 Series
price PHP 285000. It is in very good condition and has no mechanical problems. Car always well maintained. Absolutely no repairs needed. My car has never had any accident. Moreover, all these documents are OK. As a feature, it has:

Make: Toyota
Model: Fortune V 4x2 Diesel Matic
Year: 2014
Mileage: 30.000 kms
Gearbox: Automatic
Fuel: Diesel
7”Touch Screen Tv Monitor Original
Back Up camera
Color Black
-Well maintained interior (freshness guarantee!)
-Leathers seats
-All lights and gauges properly working
-Very cold aircon (ice cold)
-Billet Grill
-Complete and clean papers registered
-COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE.
Zero / No Accident, 100% not flooded

I travel for health care, and I'm short on funding and this is the reason why the car was for sale. Before my trip, I gave the car to a carrier in the country who will deliver it to you. If you are interested, leave me your contact information so that I transmit to the carrier who will contact you for a visit to your home without shipping costs. You'll have‏‏ to pay only 285k the price of my car to delivery after testing the car and check all its papers.If you are interested to our proposition, please let your following address:

Family name............................................
First name..............................................
Addess..................................................
Zip code...............................................
City....................................................
Telephone number...........................

I'm waiting for your anwser.

May God bless you

Good thing I was able to reply to her before she even sent the money.

The email address that he's using is [email protected]
#331578 by joshmangunay Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:26 am
I have been almost victimized by the same modus just today. The email was similar, almost word for word. What do we do with these people?

Here's the email transcript for everyone's reference:

Hello
I'm Doc Colette FIZANNE, contact you about the sale of my car 2003 Honda CR-V which is still avaible sorry for my late reply .It is in great mechanical and cosmetic condition, has been properly maintained and always garage kept, never been involved in accidents. it comes with complete and clean papers and my last price I'm selling it is at only 100,000 php which includes all charges to find quiclky a buyer because this sale is very urgent to us .it's reason of the low price
here the information available for my car:

Description:

2003 Honda CR-V
2003 Year
SUV
Mileage: 68, 000 km
Diesel
Automatic
4x2
Service history: Select
Finance: Available
Aircon
Airbags
Windows: Electric
Power steering
CD+Mp3
Central locking
Immobilizer
Alarm
Leather

Currently I am abroad I am not in the Philippines if not i will meet you for arrangement of the car.I'm here in Morocco where i have to do 2 years for work in medecine before come back to philippines.but the car is currently with our caretaker in philippines in Bicol Naga city with whom we have already arranged everything before leaving.So if you are interested my caretaker will deliver you at your home in any city you are in philippines without taking any shipping cost because I have already paid for everything before leaving.

So the car is currently with the caretaker with all its documents already wrapped, which are updated such as the Deed of Absolute sale ,Official Receipt and Certicate Receipt of the car,service card and warranty of the car;and all the documents pertaining for the car............... on your worry ,let me tell you not to worry because this is how the transaction will take place: once my carrier at your home you will pass to test driving of the car and engine,checks all its papers so it is after all these steps you will now take a decision that is to say if the car suits you or not.In case the car will suit you pass to the signatures of the papers that me the seller had already signed before left. but if after all these steps it does not suit you(what i don't think) you say to the caretaker and he returns without taking anything as shipping coste. so it's not that you will automatically take the car once it's at your home but be sure and very sure that you will like my car regarding the payment I have already let the set with my mechanic he will explain how you are going to proceed to payment.
So if all are ok for you,just leave me your full detail first following this form that my caretaker have left me so that i can send it to him.and then he will contact you regarding the
appropriate date of delivery.

Full Name..................................

City ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..

Home Delivery Address complet... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Zipcode ... ... ... ... ... ... .

Mobile phone ... ...

Adresse email.............

once this full detail on my side,i will send it to my caretaker and he contact you for the rest.

Doc Colette FIZANNE
Mayo Clinic
4500 San Pablo Road
Jacksonville FL 32224

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A diesel CRV with a sunroof. How did I not catch that?
Anyway, the mobile phone on the account is 09807603471. Account name is Aurelio. The email sender though is Colette Fizanne. Email address: [email protected]
A "doctor" in morocco, with an address in Miami, FL. Address given is Bicol, Naga, Philippines, the account is in Bulacan, Bulacan. Too many obvious discrepancies.

Hope this helps other people too.