Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#36198 by els1 Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:34 am
Just received the following email through Craigslist this week. Made me look on the internet to see what I could find and look what I found!

What can I do to try and nail this person? is there some sort of way to send this info on?

Janet Cole <[email protected]>
Add to Contacts

Hello,

Thanks for the response... I'm okay with the condition and price of the item and ready for its purchase. My form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day air delivery.

I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the movers fee will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to schedule an appropriate time for the pick-up at your location after check has been cashed as I have other properties to be moved alongside the item.

And secondly , Kindly delete the posting as am definitely buying it from you and it would be sad for me to have the payment in the mail only to be informed of the its sale.I will also wait for you to cash the check before i have my mover come for pick up.

Would have love to come over for viewing but I'm afraid that might not be possible due to my work frame. If you have more pics please send so I can have a good look. Do get back to me with your full name and address (not p.o box) including your cell and land number so I can make out payment.Also am deaf and will like to be contacted via email

Regards
Thanks
Advertisement

#36205 by Dotti Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:57 am
Unfortunately, the scammer is pretending to be American, but is most likely African, and he is sitting at a computer in Africa or Malaysia (and it is most likely "he" even though he is using a female name. He is pretending to be deaf so that you can't talk to him and notice that he is a male with a very strong non-American accent). So he is well out of reach of the authorities in the US--and they don't have the staffing or resources to pursue what are considered petty criminals, while there are others out there who have taken hundreds of thousands of dollars from victims.

The best thing you can do is post the info and scripts these scammers use so that other people will be prevented from falling victim (and less money gets into the hands of the scammers).

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#37209 by ddddave Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:13 am
I got am email overnight also like this, quoted below. A Google search for the email address and domain <wikizplc.com> turned up a pattern of scammers.

Here is the email of the scammer:

Hello,

Thanks for the response... I'm okay with the condition and price of the item and ready for its purchase. My form of payment will be by sending you Check via FEDEX next day air delivery.

I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the movers fee will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to schedule an appropriate time for the pick-up at your location after check has been cashed as I have other properties to be moved alongside the item.

And secondly , Kindly delete the posting as am definitely buying it from you and it would be sad for me to have the payment in the mail only to be informed of the its sale.I will also wait for you to cash the check before i have my mover come for pick up.

Would have love to come over for viewing but I'm afraid that might not be possible due to my work frame. If you have more pics please send so I can have a good look. Do get back to me with your full name and address (not p.o box) including your cell and land number so I can make out payment.Also am deaf and will like to be contacted via email

Regards
Thanks

A Google search brings up a lot of interesting information about this person. You should also search the domain to find other false email addresses used.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&clie ... om&spell=1

Good luck and be safe!
Dave

Two separate posts merged into one - Michelle
#37795 by wanderer Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:11 am
Well, you can take comfort that by posting the script on this website you have saved me from getting scammed! Just got an email from the same address and wanted to check it out online as this isn't the first time I've had people try and scam me with the "check by mail" fraud on craig's list. I'm amazed at how common this scam has become. By the way, the person used the exact same script again, not very imaginative!
#37797 by Jillian Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:25 am
Welcome wanderer! :D

I'm happy to hear you did a search when first suspicious and thrilled to hear that ddddave's post here helped you. Please do pay it forward and save someone else by posting scam emails you receive. Let us know if you have any question about this or other scams.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#37851 by wanderer Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:34 pm
Hi Jillian - I will certainely do what I can to "out" as many of these scammers as possible. Just got another one. Don't know what it is about my craig's list posting this week but this is the third scam email I've received. They outnumber real buyers!

Good day,
how are you doing today,im very interested in the item and i hope it
is in good condition .i would have loved to monitor the purchase
personally but am a military presently on a mission ,i hope you
understand and i will not be able to receive calls as this is against
the ethics of my present mission.
Due to the distance i will like to make an instant purchase but if
there anything wrong, you can kindly let me know and we can fix things
up. I don't mind
paying additional $50 for it in order for you to take the ad down
from craigslist and
also to be assured that it is already mine.
I will be paying you with a certified check and it is going to be sent
to you via courier service
which is going to be mail to you as soon as possible
For the payment, I'm going to need your details as follow

**Full name to be on the payment
**Your home or office address which the payment will be delivered to
**And your phone number in order to facilitate the payment asap.

My mover will be coming for the pick up as soon as you have the check
cashed, so you
don't need to bother your self about the shipping as everything on
that is well arranged.
Thanks and I'm waiting to hear from you
#37870 by GomerPyle Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:59 am
That scammer has been operating from his scam domain for more than two years

Craigslist Scam « bluntlysaid
30 Apr 2008 ... [email protected]

phoning up potential craigslist victims and even branching out into employment scams.

Any mail from the @wikizplc.com domain is a scam.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#38879 by cjm Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:43 pm
I too have recieved a nearly identical email expressing interest in a Craigslist item I am selling; I thought it sounded like an odd "arrangement" so I googled the email and found out all about it here on Scamwarners. Please add [email protected] to your alert list, or anyone reading please be aware of this person too! They also contacted me from an operamail.com address but my fiance has since deleted that email, so I'm sorry I can't provide the exact address.

Thanks for offering this valuable service, and thanks to all in this community for passing on their experiences!
#41092 by scammed in VA Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:53 pm
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 8:18 PM

hey
is this furniture not yet sold

Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2010 7:23 AM

Thanks For Getting back to me ..I am buying this furniture for my brother in-law as i promised
him early of this year and i am a military presently on a mission,and due to ethics of this mission,
phone calls,and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert.I
really want it to be a surprise for my brother in-law so i wont let him know anything about it
until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with it.i don't have access to
my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account,
as i have my bank a/c attached to it,I don't mind paying additional $50 for it in order for you to
take the ad down from craigslist and also to be assured that it is already mine.i will need you to
give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap for the item and pls if you
don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up,
after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you used for the registration with
paypal so as to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick it up after i
have made the payments

Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2010 9:45 AM

I was just about to make the payment when i had this little problem with the picking up,I got an
email from my agent..i thought i included that in my previous email.he said he won't come and
pick up the item unless i pay him the agent commission fee first in order to be able to schedule a
pick up time ,and my pick up agent head quarters is in Michigan and the only form of payments
they accept is western union money transfer and i tried to pay online but i will need a credit card
which i didn't bring along, and there is no post office(there is usually a westernunion section in
most post offices) or any western union agent offshore! so i have to ask you to help me with the
pick up fees, i will include the $400 they charged to pick it up and the transfer fee of $50 and
also the $50 for taking the ad off craigslist making $500.they are to take it to my home(1st class
treatment), to the payments i will send through paypal. After i have made the payments and it has
been confirmed by paypal, i will need you to help me send the $400 to my pick up agent through
western union money transfer, the western union money transfer can be made at a post office
near to you,there is always a western union agent in most post offices or online at
www.westernunion.com .I will be making the payments shortly and will email you as soon as it
has been done. please email me back if i can trust you to have the excess funds sent to the mover
#41432 by moni1996 Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:50 pm
Got this tonight:
Re: Ikea Poang Chair w/footstool & Ramvik Coffee Table - $150 (Houston)
Kim Williams <[email protected]>
Add to Contacts

Hello,

Thanks for the response... i just wanted to let you know that i am okay with this item and interested in buying it. I would pay you by sending you Bank Certified Check via FedEx next day air delivery and this is because i am currently away on a business contract. Also i will be adding $50 to the asking price if you sell to me and have it reserved pending delivery of payment to you

I would be responsible for the pick-up and the movers payment would be included in the check mailed to you in order to avoid delay and to enable the pick up company to schedule an appropriate time for the pick-up at your location as I have other properties to be moved alongside this item.

Please delete the posting as am definitely buying it from you.I will also wait for the check to clear before the pickup is done.If you do have more pictures, please send them to me so I can get a better look.If this is fine with you Please get back to me with the following so that the check can be mailed out to you.

1. Your Full name which the check would be issued out to.
2. Residential or Office Address where the check will be mailed to.

Also i am deaf so i cant communicate to you than via email as my tty and adsl have been sent out for updates.

Thanks and stay blessed

I replied back because it sounded somewhat legit because I didn't want to sound like a horrible person by not selling to a deaf person. I sent them the pics but got a response too quick asking me the total cost and for my information. That is when I goggled the email address and got this scamming stuff. I then replied back saying the furniture was no longer for sale. I never gave any information out and if very hesitant to do so over the internet. Anyways, just wanted to let ya'll know that they are just scamming away.
#42238 by volley Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:33 pm
george benson <[email protected]>

has attempted to scam again by replying to a craigslist posting for a tempurpedic mattress, this time as a "secret agent of the military" approach with a paypal scam... being a military member myself, I can read thru this bulls!$t for what it is...don't send your paypal account to Lagos, Nigeria....

see below:

To:
Sent: Sat, December 11, 2010 8:14:38 PM
Subject: Re: Tempurpedic Classic King set mattress w/ base - $1550 ()

Thanks For Getting back to me ..I am buying this furniture and i am a military presently on a mission,and due to secrets of this mission, phone calls,and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert.i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it,I don't mind paying additional $50 for it in order for you to take the ad down from craigslist and also to be assured that it is already mine.i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap for the item and pls if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to http://www.paypal.com and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you used for the registration with paypal so as to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick it up after i have made the payments

George Benson
US Army
OIF Veteran
2004-2005
2006-2008
#42780 by Joansey Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:29 am
I got the same message (military, $50 to remove the post from Craigslist, pick-up agent, etc. from George Benson. I'm glad I checked with you all...thank you for the info. I definitely will NOT be selling by beautiful cherry cabinet to him!
Joansey
#42859 by Bubbles Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:43 am
Thank you all for posting information about this scammer. It is good to read that having this information available has saved so many people. Sadly scammers do infest Craigslist. Thank you all for your appreciation and for sharing the information.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.