Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#37227 by skyshots99 Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:47 pm
I initially placed an ad on Craigslist for a Dell laptop for a riduclous 3000 bucks The only info given about this item was ( e-mail me for more info )

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, September 8, 2010 7:29:31 AM
Subject: Dell Laptop - $3000 (Boston)

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

--
is this item still for sale?

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Yora Nassole <[email protected]> wrote:

Yes the item is still for sale
Rev Yora Nassole

To: Yora Nassole <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, September 9, 2010 9:58:40 AM
Subject: Re: Dell Laptop - $3000 (Boston)

Thanks for the mail. I really want to buy this item and i am willing
to pay the price you offer. I am buying it for my cousin who is an
International student abroad and I will want you to help me by
shipping it to him. I would have loved to see this item to know the
state of what I am buying but due to distance and also my job that
keeps me so busy, I put my trust in you. I will pay $95 for the
shipping and I will want you to ship it out through EXPRESS MAIL
INTERNATIONAL(EMS) will also be paying you through paypal and i would
want you to get back to me with your paypal email address and if you
have not gotten one, you can just sign up onto www.paypal.com and get
set up and get back to me with your paypal account email address so
that i can transfer the total money into your paypal account
immediately. Thank you and i hope to read from you

Thankyou for your interest in this item but I have another offer for 3500.00 Dollars from a Mr Mark John.
So, Unless you would like to pay me 3600.00 ,,then I am afraid I will have to sell it to the other gentleman.
Let me know if you would like to pay 3600 for it and I will send it to you.
Thankyou
Yora Nassole

To: Yora Nassole <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, September 9, 2010 11:38:28 AM
Subject: Re: Dell Laptop - $3000

i WILL BUY IT FOR $4000 OKAY?

I believe that 4000 will buy the item. The money will be donated to my church because the laptop was used in the church office for 2 years
Let me know how we are to proceed with our deal
Rev Yora Nassole

( Response from her )
okay then send me your pay pal email address

( My Response )
My pay Pal address is [email protected]
i look forward to your payment
Yora Nassole

( Response from her )
okay the payment will be made immediately after you receive the
Notification in your email address do ship out the item okay?

( My Response )
I await your payment.
As soon as I see it in my Pay Pal account I will ship it to you'
Good Day
Yora Nassole

( Her Response )
Just to inform you that the payment has been made as soon as you get
the notification in your email do ship out the item immediately..
wait your reply.........

( Her Response again )
Let me put these to you that a notification as been sent to your email so immediately the shippment is made the money will reflect in your account........
wait to read from you.....

THEN a PAYMENT AND FAKE PAY PAL LETTER ARRIVED ( from a John DUDU ) I was for 3650 so I told them to keep
the money until I saw the Proper amount in my Pay Pal account

Dear [email protected],

Your item has been paid for and the money has been deducted from buyer's account,we want you to ship the item and send the tracking number
to us as verification, if you can do this within 24Hours we will get your account credited immediately, ship the item to the given address below.
Please forward the proof of shipment to us,so that we can credit your PayPal account. Hope to hear from you soon.

Here is the Shipping address: Postage details
USPS Post Office

John Foe Dudu,
lane 102, Dugbe,
Ibadan, Oyo
Nigeria, 23402.

Thank you,

If you are having any question feel free to contact us on our customer care & amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; lt; span> email [email protected]

Note: Never give your password to anyone.

Copyright © 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) Ltd. is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United States as an electronic money institution.

Dear [email protected],

This email confirms that you have been paid $3750.00 USD by Kollins Sabina [email protected] using PayPal.

Payment Details

Purchased From: [email protected]

Email reference ID: [# b8198a2b39804d238c2a69a1e8b7e3 16#]

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
N/A Dell Laptop 1 $3600.00

$3600.00

Shipping & Handling via Global Express Mail Service (EMS) to 23402
(includes any seller handling fees) $150.00

Shipping Insurance (optional): --

Total: $3750.00 USD

Shipping Information

Delivery address: John Foe Dudu
lane 102, Dugbe
Ibadan
Oyo State
Nigeria
Address Status: Confirmed

This PayPal payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment
tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below is the necessary information requested before
your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail [email protected] and our customer service care
will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller, the money will
be credited to your account.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PAYMENT WILL NOT APPEAR IN THE "PENDING" TAB IN YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL YOU SEND THE SHIPPING REFERENCE
NUMBER TO US.
This is due to new policies at PayPal to protect both the buyer and the seller in the face of the growing number of fraudulent activities perpetrated via the
internet. Your payment is intact. You are encouraged to complete this transaction.

Get Verified – Your Key to More Security and Free Features
Get Verified and help increase the security of your PayPal transactions for yourself and for everyone with whom you do business. You can also:
Fund purchases directly from your checking or savings account, in addition to using credit cards
Improve your reputation by letting others know you're a confirmed, Verified member of the PayPal community
Send money to friends, family, and PayPal Personal Account holders

Get Verified!

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Your monthly account statement is available anytime; just log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/us/ HISTORY. To correct any errors, please
contact us through our Help Center at https://www.paypal.com/us/HELP .

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose
the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here .

PayPal Email ID PP843

THEN IDIOT SENT ANOTHER LETTER SAYING THE FBI WOULD TALK TO ME IF I DID NOT GO THROUGH WITH THIS DEAL *****HE SENT IT TO THE WRONG
PERSON, IT WAS INTENDED FOR ANOTHER ONE OF HIS VICTIMS *****
I AM GETTING A LITTLE CONFUSED BECAUSE BOTH OF THESE NAMES ARE COMING FROM THE SAME IP ADDRESS.
DUMB ASSES DO NOT EVEN TALK TO
EACH OTHER WHEN THEY ARE PROBABLY SITING IN THE SAME ROOM TRYING TO SCAM WHOEVER THEY CAN AND CUT THE OTHER LADS THROAT.

TILLY AND SABRINA ARE PROBABLY ONE IN THE SAME

Safety Measures to Protect Both Buyer and Seller.

Dear [email protected]

We have received an order from one of our customer to make an instant payment of $3,750.00 USD your PayPal account. The payment has been made successfully
and the money has been not be credited into your account. We are waiting for you to send us the proper tracking number before we can credit your account and this
is due to the large increase in the rate of the online scams recorded last year (2009). We have changed some of our rules and regulation to make sure our clients
(Seller and Buyer) are safe from scam, PayPal in conjunction with The FBI and The I FCC has invented certain preventive measure to ensure the safety of both our
seller's and buyer's in this Month...

Such measure are:
1. Once a payment is made,A confirmation Email will be sent to the seller that the payment has been made to state the transaction details which has been sent to
you. Also a confirmation is sent to the buyer that the money has been deducted from his or her account. So once you get this mail,You should ship the item immediately
to the address that was given to you by PayPal and send the tracking number to Us. Once the tracking number gets to us, the seller's account will be credited instantly.
But unknown condition will the tracking number be given to the buyer unless the seller's account is credited and likewise will seller's account be credited until we get
the tracking number.

2. Once a payment is made and it has been approved by PayPal, such transaction is Sealed (because both seller and buyer must have come to a conclusion before payment
is made by the buyer) so therefore neither the buyer or seller can cancel this transaction or ask for the returned to the buyer's account. Also, this is where we generate
our income, because the more transaction made through PayPal, the more we generate our Income.

3. Failure to abide by these laid down safety measures by Paypal may leads to suspension from PayPal and further more invitation to an interrogation with the F.B.I
So can you see we are very considerate about the safety of both buyer and seller.
**PLEASE NOTE**
This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment
reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification,so you go ahead and ship the item and get back to us with the shipment tracking number so as to secure
both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this
mail [email protected] and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes
and the safety of the buyer and the seller, the money will be credited to your account.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Security Team

( Her Response )
Good day friend i will like to put these to you that pay pal just informed me that you mailed them that the item have been sold okay but let me put these to you that the
money have been deducted before that was sent to paypal and the payment will reflect in your account so pls let me know the help you can render to me about that cos
i would not want my money to go just like that okay.....
Await your reply....

( my Response )
YES
The item was sold to you.
I am still waiting for the money to show up in my Pay Pal account.
Until then I will keep the laptop. No Money,,,, No Shipping
Rev Yora Nassole
Advertisement

#37228 by GomerPyle Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:59 pm
Nice work, but this is baiting and more suited to 419eater.com where I and some others here are also members.

It's a neat idea to offer something for a ludicrously high price - and if you don't mind I'll copy the idea (it's the sincerest form of flattery they say :D ).

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#51607 by djtim546 Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:51 pm
I have the same guy trying to scam me right now, should i try to report or anything or not worry about it
#51620 by Arnold Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:47 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners. There's no point in reporting it to the police. As the scammer is likely abroad, there's nothing they can do. Posting details here so that potential victims can google for them is the best option.

#52129 by liljayster Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:34 pm
Man, thanks guys for posting this. I was so confused when I got the email from ppal about the purchase. I noticed the grammatical errors and thought it was fishy. Tried to contact ppal, but didn't see the message in my actual acct, which I thought would be there if I got an e-mail message about it, right?
#52130 by John DeLaney Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:56 pm
Hi Liljayster, you received a fake copy of the paypal site, you are correct in that it is false, and I'm glad you didn't fall for it.

Scammers set up fake replica paypal sites continuosly.

Take care, hope you do sell your article, remember, sell locally, and face to face.

John DeLaney