Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#37603 by rattus_finku Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:33 am
Hi Everyone,

We were contacted by a Mr MaClean Willson ([email protected]) asking to purchase some of our products.

PERSONAL DETAILS:

Sender: macc willson

CONTACT DETAILS:
Phone:
Email Address: [email protected]

COMMENT:
Comment: My name is Macc willson and am interested in ordering *undisclosed items*
i will recommend you to a Shipping Company for the pickup at your
location to the delivery address. So i will like you to quote me on the
prices plus sales tax for the ones you have in stock now,so i can give you
the
quantities i will like to order and also proceed to payment right away with
my credit card and please do you accept master card or visa Card .please
mail me with the ones that u have for instock now Shipping to West Africa ...

Hope to hear from

After some conversing about products, sizes and prices he placed an order and let us know that:

I will like to order *undisclosed amounts of undisclosed items*
I had an emergency call and i have to travel for a church conference meeting right this moment,so i will appreciate it alot if you can go ahead and contact the Freight Company (best one safe shipping ) via email at ([email protected]) with the total weight of the Materials,the pickup address,as well as the delivery address,so that they can give you the freight quote for the pickup at your location to the delivery address.

Also when you get me the freight i will like to proceed to payment in full rightaway with my credit cards details so that,the freight company can pickup the Materials as soon as they are ready for pickup.Below is the delivery Address.

Delivery Address
Rev.Jeff Hope
Gospel Church Of Christ
7 Morris Street
Tamale - Ghana

Hope to hear from you soon with the shipping charges,so that i can proceed to full payment rightaway with my credit card ,, before the materials comes in stock for pickup.

Thank You
Mac

We contacted 'Best One Safe Shipping' and received a quote for shipping costs including all taxes and customs.

We then sent a total price to 'Macc Wilson' who paid us with a Visa Card: xxxx xxxx xxxx.

It all just seemed very fishy to my boss so even though the payment went through we asked him to send us the address and contact number for ‘Be One Safe Shipping LTD’ as well as a business name of a company in Brisbane he had “dealt” with.

The information you requested:
Best One Safe shipping Ltd
Community 1, Site 17, Harbour roundabout,
Tema,
P.O. BOX CT 5049
Cantonments, Accra
PH:00233 (0)205136320
FAX:00233 (0)205136320

That's okay i understand you're doing your job.
Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the company but i have all the purchase invoice, paper works in my safe at Geelong.VIC.
I hope you understand.

Thank you

Anyway we still very sus so I just did a bit of Googling and came up with this website, needless to say that we will be refunding the poor persons money right away and having nothing else to do with this scam.

Just shows that you have to be very careful... I know this info won’t really help but it’s good to get the word out there that this actually occurs quite frequently.

Thanks.

Removed Visa card details - CF
Advertisement

#37628 by Jillian Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:27 am
Welcome rattus_finku. Good job detecting the scam and doing some research and thank you for posting the information to warn others.

I have split this post to a topic of its own since it's a different scammer than the thread you posted it on. Same scam, though. As you know, the scammer is using a stolen credit card. The details of the card were removed from your post by a moderator to protect the innocent card owner.

Please do post information about other scammers here and let us know if you have any questions about the scam.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners