Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#37629 by Grey Wolf Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:52 am
There is another tractor to good to be scam going on Craigslist. It is for a John Deere combo mx brush Hog package these are the email correspondence I had with the Scammer please be aware that these people have been operating for quite some time or so it would seem it is listed under Carl Kixmiller & Laura @ the email of [email protected]
Sun, September 19, 2010 7:16:17 PMRe:
From: Carl Kixmiller & Laura <[email protected]> Add to Contacts
To:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello I’m Carl, sorry for my delay in response, but currently I work on a drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico and I have been very busy with my work. Anyway, thank you for your interest in buying the tractor. The total price for my 2006 John Deere 990 Tractor is $4,200 included a heavy duty equipment trailer and box blade package. I wanted to keep the tractor but I left my farm for a better job in Gulf of Mexico, so I decided to sell it. The tractor is in showroom condition: 150 hrs, 40 hp and 4wd.

So if you are interested please email me back so I can explain
That was the first correspondence the second and final is as follows
Mon, September 20, 2010 4:35:45 AMRe: jd tractor
From: Carl Kixmiller & Laura <[email protected]> Add to Contacts
To:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I left the city I had prearranged the deal with eBay Motors so my presence in town isn't necessary. The tractor is in their possession in Pittsburgh, PA ready for delivery. You will have 5 days to test drive and inspect the tractor. So if you want to make this deal I need the following information:

Your full name and address
Shipping address (street, city, zip code)
Phone #

Then I will forward them to eBay Motors and I will precede the order. eBay will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that I am covered by them and that I am legit seller.

Here is how this deal will work:
1. I will forward the details of our transaction to the eBay Buyer Protection.
2. They will process the paperwork and will email you the Payment Invoice and the transaction details.
3. You will have to submit deposit payment $2,100 so you can prove that you are a serious buyer, as instructed to one of the eBay agents.
4. The payment will be verified and if everything is OK, eBay will deliver the vehicle to your address on my own cost. The vehicle will be shipped insured to your location with Dependable Auto Shippers.
5. After you receive it, you will have 5 days to inspect and test drive the vehicle (you will receive the tractor and title within 2 days right at your address).
6. If you accept the tractor by confirming to eBay, they will release me the money (if not you will receive the full refund of the amount sent before shipping). They will then FedEx overnight the signed title to you and all the tractor documents that you need to register it under your name. If you decide to NOT accept the tractor for any reason, they will refund your full payment price within 48 hours.
They will then make the necessary arrangement to have the tractor picked back up by the transport company.

This is definately a sam please share it with our members and friends!!!!
Advertisement

#37632 by Jillian Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:15 pm
Welcome, Grey Wolf! You're correct, this is a definite scam. Thank you for taking the time to post and good for you for recognizing the scam. :D Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#44986 by ajjamroz Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:48 pm
Here is another Craigslist post from the same scammer. It is 2007 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE-750 4x4 WITH TRAILER AND SNOW PLOW! I recieved the exact same email response worded exactly the same as the above tractor scam from the same person Joseph Graham The emails are as follows.

The quad is in Madison, WI.

I want to finish this deal through eBay International Trading to ensure the protection of both parties. They will hold your payment in escrow and only release it to me once you have received, inspected, and signed the transaction approval provided by eBay for the quad. You will be allowed 3 inspection days at your address.

I will start the shipping process the same day I have received notification of the escrow payment.
The delivery process to your location will take 5-6 days.

Tell me if we can get the ball rolling and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. After that, they will send you the information needed to begin the payment process.

Thanks

> Subject: Re: 2007 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE-750 4x4 WITH TRAILER AND SNOW PLOW!
> To: [email protected]
> From: my email address
> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:36:29 -0600
>
> I can pick up. Where are you located?
>
>
>
> From: Joseph Graham <[email protected]>
>
> To: My email address
>
> Date: 01/21/2011 10:17 AM
>
> Subject: Re: 2007 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE-750 4x4 WITH TRAILER AND SNOW PLOW!
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for being interested in buying my quad. It is in excellent condition
> with no damages and no engine problems, it runs great and I have a clear
> title. The price is not negotiable, USD 2940 firm. The price does include
> shipping and insurance to your address. I will ship it via a reputable
> shipping company and it will take almost a week depending on your location.
>
> Let me know if you are interested.
>
> Thanks -----------------------------------------
#153857 by Crice Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:47 pm
On Sunday, March 3, 2013, wrote:
Hi,thank you for your interest in my 2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4 with snow plow.

I am selling it at 1900$, because I've just finished the divorce and I am very glad that I took it, because it was my ex husbands most precious thing. He cheated on me although we have 2 kids together, anyway i don't wish to bore you with my life's story...
I don't ask to much for it because I just want to get rid of it ASAP, just want to erase a bad memory and I should get rid of it.
The ATV is in Doniphan,MO because i live here. It has only 81 hours on it, camo paint, one owner. As you can see from the pictures my Brute Force is in perfect condition,is paid off, clean title, i have the title in hand and it is on my name. The divorce finished 6 months ago.

From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay.I prefer the payment to be done using....eBay....services (I will receive the payment only after you receive and inspect the quad and only if you agree to buy it). I will pay for shipping and handling (my ex buyer did not received his loan but he already paid for shipping ) so there won't be any additional shipping costs for you.

If you are interested in buying it please email me your FULL NAME and SHIPPING ADDRESS so i can get the ball rolling.

If you are interested in buying it please email me your FULL NAME and SHIPPING ADDRESS so i can get the ball rolling.

Thank you,Jennifer Sutton
Doniphan, Missouri
#154458 by TER1023 Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:35 pm
I just inquired about this exact craigs list add for the brute force . I got the exact reply about divorce and such. I also got a very official looking email with the eBay symbol all over it. Giving me exact instructions on.sending the money. When I questioned about why the agent and address were in London, they said if I want a united states agent I would have to send the full amount instead of the down payment only. I also asked if a friend that lives near the address in Missouri this person gave as the address the ATV was housed , I never got another reply. I did send my address to them and my name. Do I have anything to be concerned with by giving that information? I did not send any money at all. Only email correspondence. I almost fell for this :twisted:
#154483 by Jillian Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm
Glad to hear it was a close call and not a loss of money, TER1023! Obviously, once the scammer realized you had someone who wanted to look in person, he disappeared, since he's not anywhere near where he was claiming.
If the only info you gave the scammer was info that is publicly available, like name and address, you should be perfectly safe to just ignore him.
What you describe about the fake ebay email is typical, some of them can look very convincing.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#154584 by dragon88 Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 am
I inquired about this same ATV and got the exact same email... Both my husband and myself thought that deal was too good to be true. So I googled the ladys name and where she was "from" and this was the first thing that popped up! thank you for saving me money :)
#154632 by TerranceBoyce Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 pm
After a little research I discovered that this scammer has been active over several years, operating under different identities, and scamming very successfully, mostly in the USA.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle