Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#300031 by Erik Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:23 am
Hello, I was going you could help me out.

The 11:th of may I purchased an item online from this company: http://www.e-skate-boards.co.uk

However as soon as I sent the money they cut off my Communication with them. I eventually got an email saying my order had been changed to "processing" but that is it. It has now almost gone 2 months without them responding to any of my emails (I even tried a different email adress as well just in case) and I now realize that I will never see the product nor my Money. This of course is unacceptable and I will not let this petty thief get away with it if I can help it.

I am not the only one who got scammed. I tried googling the company again, and there were 3 people that had rated 1 star and saying they got ripped off and it is a scam. This was however after I paid for my item, so it seems they started ripping people off two months ago. Unfortunately they have taken down their website so the Google reviews are no longer there and I was not smart enough to take a screenshot :oops:

My payment was a simple bank transaction, I have done that before to a brittish company without issues. I have been in contact with my bank explaining the situation but they don't seem very hopeful. Because I made the transaction willingly and knowingly. Also because it is a brittish company and I live in Sweden. I have also been in contact with the bank I made the payment and am awaiting answer. Is there anything else I can do? It is the WESTMINSTER BANK and I really hope they can help me.

Ask any questions you want and I will try to answer them.
Advertisement

#300065 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:48 pm
Domain name:
e-skate-boards.co.uk

Registrant:
Identity Protect Limited sounds like a registrant-hiding company

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 7407280)

Registrant's address:
PO Box 795
Godalming
Surrey
GU7 9GA
United Kingdom

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 09-May-2016

Registrar:
123-Reg Limited t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 03-Dec-2015
Expiry date: 03-Dec-2016 one-year domain
Last updated: 09-Jun-2016

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns.123-reg.co.uk
ns2.123-reg.co.uk

The website is now 404. Could you post the emails? They could give us a clue about whether you're dealing with an African scammer, a European scammer, or a failed business.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#300139 by HillBilly Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:28 am
Erik wrote: Also because it is a brittish company and I live in Sweden. I have also been in contact with the bank I made the payment and am awaiting answer. Is there anything else I can do? It is the WESTMINSTER BANK and I really hope they can help me.

as VX said above please post any communications with them. any means of communication they offered or used can be helpful in a search to warn other potential victims.

you can try to report it to Action Fraud in the UK http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
and https://www.cybercrime.admin.ch/kobik/e ... mular.html is the cybercrime coordination unit in Switzerland

report the crime and see if you are recommended to go anywhere else.

The banks will not help you, they did exactly as you requested by transferring the money to start with. chances are real good you signed a paper agreeing that once the money was gone, it is gone and that was the only thing your bank was responsible for.

If you still have the name / account # and SWIFT #, address from the bank you transferred the money into, please post that information so people searching the web can find the warning you have posted.

#300317 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:54 pm
Please post the email as text, not an image. Others may be searching for text in the email to find out if it is a scam. Search engines can't read text in an image.

Also, someone's writing may be grammatically correct, but still have traits indicating where he's from.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#300352 by Erik Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:28 am
First email he responded to:

Hi, yes we have different Plugs, EU, UK ,USA , JAPAN adapters and charger.

Best

Sales

E-Skate-Boards

Second:

Hi,

They all come with Lithium battery's . no the lead acid. and 1 years warranty covers the whole scooter, also if anything does occur , send it back to us for an exchange or repair.

Best

E-Skate-boards

Third:

Hi Eric

Do you have any details for the transfer, so we can check please.

Sales

E-Skate-Boards

Fourth:

Hi, Transaction details, Date payment was made and reference number please.

So we can check if the correct details, as we have nothing under your name for payment as yet.

Thank you

Sales

E-Skate-Boards

Fifth:

Hi, you will just wheel spin the tyres.

Best

E Skate Boards

The screenshot was not an email, it was part of the receipt from my bank transfer