Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#303970 by kinggjamesss Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:24 pm
Hello all,

I made a payment to someone through Google Wallet who I thought was credible on Instagram for $350 for Canon PowerShot S1. At the time he had 15k+ real followers. Later I found out he was stealing other people's photos. We talked through Text and DMS on Instagram. He told me it was shipped and gave a fake tracking number. It's been a week and now I am blocked on Instagram and he doesn't respond. Of course I got scammed.

I called Google and told them that this was an unauthorized transaction. They said that they checked their records and it was a legitimate transaction and to call my bank to tell them make a chargeback.

What do I tell my bank? That it was unauthorized or that I got scammed? I am scared that the bank is going to contact Google and tell them that it was an authorized transaction. Let me know what you think. Thank you.
Advertisement

#303975 by Mike Wilson Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:44 pm
Contact you bank and explain that you made the transaction and never received the camera. Give them the facts that you received a fake tracking number and you are now unable to contact the seller.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#303977 by Terminator5 Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:26 am
He has 15000 fake followers. Print out the fake tracking number email and give it to your bank . Also can you post or private message the details on this fake store .

Daniel 8 :25