Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#308920 by Michelle Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:54 pm

This is to inform you that your Banking information has been confirmed and a total amount of £1,632.80 GBP Paid by Mr. Tom Mitchell for an auction item has been approved and transferred. You Should Go ahead and send the Package to the confirmed address provided and get back to us with Shipping reference code and your account will be Credited.

We are pleased to inform you that the payment has been successfully deducted from the buyer's account, But due to security reasons we have to receive the tracking/reference number as proof of shipment before the payment can be processed into your account.

This is a new measure we are taking to protect all our customers against fraudulent acts. Once you have shipped the item, Email us the shipment tracking number for verification after the number has been verified, Your account will be credited immediately.

Note:

The Money sent to your Bank account will not be reflected for withdrawal, if we do not receive the tracking reference number and the proof of shipment from you. Therefore, you are urged to scan and attach the shipment receipt and the tracking number of the shipped item to us for verification. We have to verify the tracking number to enable us notify the buyer that the shipment has been verified and cleared. Immediately the shipment is verified by our team, your money will be released to you and made available for withdrawal. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send the tracking number to us at [email protected] or by replying directly to this email message.

DELIVERY ADDRESS:

Name: Darius Nicolae Pacurari
Address: 1 Middletons Ln, Norwich NR6 5NF, UK

Netbank® would be fully responsible for any loss incurred during the course of this transaction.
Thank you for using Netbank® Online transfer, We look forward to serving your online payment needs in the future.

Net Bank®Payment Team.
Reg No:2080759
Transfer Manager
Mrs Judith Borjan
Manager Signature,

Hours of operation:
Our office is open Monday - Saturday from 8:00 am - 5:00pm pst. We operate a retail office at this location where you can visit us and handle all your foreign exchange transactions

Bank products and services are offered by BofI Federal Bank. All deposit accounts through BofI Federal Bank brands are FDIC insured through BofI Federal Bank. All deposit accounts of the same ownership and / or vesting held at BofI Federal Bank are combined and insured under the same FDIC Certificate 35546. All deposit accounts through BofI Federal Bank brands are not separately insured by the FDIC from other deposit accounts held with the same ownership and / or vesting at BofI FederalBank. For more information click here.
*The approval process is subject to the USA Patriot Act. An account will not be granted if fraudulent activity is associated with the applicant. We may require documentation to verify your name with your address, we will notify you if this is needed.

© 2016 NetBank, All Rights Reserved.

Advertisement

#322220 by cwarden94 Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:56 am
Hey,

I've had the exact same issues with this guy. Slight different information but more or less the same. Catching onto the fact it was fraud on his part using credentials of Netbank, I went to the police before confronting the guy, to see if they could do anything.

Unfortunately, their hands are tied because the merchandise is less than x amount, it's too much cost involved in getting into something so complicated.

So... the most we can do is warn others of this scam.

In my instance, he is using the name Tom, but with a different last name, East. Tom East.

I was selling an iPhone 6, and Tom asked to buy the phone but have it sent down to Devon, as a present to his son. Dale East.

Giving out my account details and sort code, I get a email from Netbank, with more or less what you said above, but slight differences, but still fake credentials
Coming from an email account [email protected]
Which by the way looks legit, but it is a free address! Big banks don't use free addresses!!

Anyway the email went as such:

"Hello C Warden,

This is to inform you that your Banking information has been confirmed and a total amount of £225.00 GBP Paid by Mr. Tom East for an auction item has been approved and transferred. You Should Go ahead and send the Package to be confirmed address provided and get back to us with Shipping reference code and your account will be Credited.

We are pleased to inform you that the payment has been successfully deducted from the buyer's account, But due to security reasons we have to receive the tracking/reference number as proof of shipment before the payment can be processed into your account.

This is a new measure we are taking to protect all our customers against fraudulent acts. Once you have shipped the item, Email us the shipment tracking number for verification after the number has been verified, Your account will be credited immediately.

Account Name: C Warden
Account number: xxxxxxxx
Sort code: xx-xx-xx

Phone Number: ____________

Note:

The Money sent to your Bank account will not be reflected for withdrawal, if we do not receive the tracking reference number and the proof of shipment from you. Therefore, you are urged to scan and attach the shipment receipt and the tracking number of the shipped item to us for verification. We have to verify the tracking number to enable us notify the buyer that the shipment has been verified and cleared. Immediately the shipment is verified by our team, your money will be released to you and made available for withdrawal. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send the tracking number to us at [email protected] or by replying directly to this email message.

DELIVERY ADDRESS:

Dale East
24, The Carrions
Totnes, Devon
TQ9 5XX

Netbank® would be fully responsible for any loss incurred during the course of this transaction.
Thank you for using Netbank® Online transfer, We look forward to serving your online payment needs in the future.

Net Bank®Payment Team.
Transfer Manager
Mrs Judith Borjan
Phone Number: (646) 944-8040
Manger Signature,

Hours of operation:
Our office is open Monday - Saturday from 8:00 am - 5:00pm pst. We operate a retail office at this location where you can visit us and handle all your foreign exchange transactions

Bank products and services are offered by BofI Federal Bank. All deposit accounts through BofI Federal Bank brands are FDIC insured through BofI Federal Bank. All deposit accounts of the same ownership and / or vesting held at BofI Federal Bank are combined and insured under the same FDIC Certificate 35546. All deposit accounts through BofI Federal Bank brands are not separately insured by the FDIC from other deposit accounts held with the same ownership and / or vesting at BofI FederalBank. For more information .
*The approval process is subject to the USA Patriot Act. An account will not be granted if fraudulent activity is associated with the applicant. We may require documentation to verify your name with your address, we will notify you if this is needed.

© 2017 NetBank, All Rights Reserved"

That was the email. I had packaged up the phone and was about to walk into the post office to send, but I had a bad gut feeling so in the car I did a bit of research and saw your post and realised this was a scam and went to the police. Like I said, slight different details, but the same. So thank you for the warning you gave me.

Police can't do anything, because technically the crime has not been committed. It has! He is using false credentials and scamming people.

Things to remember:

His name is Tom.

He uses Netbank, it looks legit, but it is not.

If the email address ends in @accountant.com, sorry but it is a scam and do not send your merchandise.

I hope this post helps others not to be scammed by this crook!
#327789 by Davie_babbs Fri May 12, 2017 3:42 am
With regards to the above email, i have exactly the same email from some on GUMTREE

[email protected]

i have received bank tranfers from people on gumtree before, but when i sent my account details to him, i received an eamil the same as that.

luckily the account is only used for receiving funds from selling things and not my main account.

will keep you posted if i find any more scammers!!
#330537 by T9simpson Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:49 am
Davie_babbs wrote:With regards to the above email, i have exactly the same email from some on GUMTREE

[email protected]

i have received bank tranfers from people on gumtree before, but when i sent my account details to him, i received an eamil the same as that.

luckily the account is only used for receiving funds from selling things and not my main account.

will keep you posted if i find any more scammers!!

Hi there! I have just recieved an email from "[email protected]" asking to buy my iPad. He has mentioned being hearing impaired as you suggested and has asked to post my product to his son, my ad was from gumtree and i'm very concerened. I want to thank-you for sharing this information as i happened to just search his email by the offchance something was wrong and due to your post you've saved me from this scam. Thank-you.
#331825 by Michelle Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:58 am

Hello

This is to inform you that your Banking information has been confirmed and a total amount of 419.00 GBP Paid by Mr. Mark Woodward for an auction item has been approved and transferred. You Should Go ahead and send the Package to the confirmed address provided and get back to us with Shipping reference code and your account will be Credited.

Note:

DELIVERY ADDRESS:

Name: Nicolea Pacurari
Address: Flat 3, 7a carrow hill,Norwich NR1 2AA, UK

Net Bank®Payment Team.
Transfer Manager
Mrs Judith Borjan
Manager Signature,

Hours of operation:
Our office is open Monday - Saturday from 8: 00 am - 5:00pm pst. We operate a retail office at this location where you can visit us and handle all your foreign exchange transactions

Bank products and services are offered by BofI Federal Bank. All deposit accounts through BofI Federal Bank brands are FDIC insured through BofI Federal Bank. All deposit accounts of the same ownership and / or vesting held at BofI Federal Bank are combined and insured under the same FDIC Certificate 35546. All deposit accounts through BofI Federal Bank brands are not separately insured by the FDIC from other deposit accounts held with the same ownership and / or vesting at BofI FederalBank. For more information click here.

© 2017 NetBank, All Rights Reserved.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#332438 by Lilsmith77 Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:45 am
Harvey10 wrote:Omg the same thing has just happened to me from a [email protected] claiming to be hearing impaired and wanted my phone for his son .what a thief!!

The exact same thing just happened to me too, I feel so stupid for sending it now. He said he wanted the iPad as a gift for his son and he wouldn't speak on the phone because he is hearing impaired. He said he sent the £250 via net bank and I received an email saying it would be in my account within the next 6 hours, of course nothing was received I email him and he said it would be in my account by 4pm the next day. Again nothing was received. That's when I randomly googled his email and saw this. I'm so pissed off. I'm still exchanging emails with him and he doesn't know I know. Can I do anything to get my iPad back? :x
#332440 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:56 am
Sorry to hear that you are a victim of this scam.

You will not get your Ipad back.

Stop all communication with the scammer and the fake bank email address.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#332457 by Nene17 Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:41 pm
Hi I have been scammed by a Dan humble who has supposedly got impaired hearing he wanted to buy it for his son I sent the phone to Blairgowrie Scotland I get a email from net bank saying the funds would be in my account he even provided a number for the supposedly net bank I phoned it they wanted me to send his son 150 pounds before I received my funds because the bank supposedly took to much money out of his bank and I had to pay a deposit so I get my money any one know how I can get my phone or have they any information on this scammer
#380758 by JAY61 Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:02 pm
Hi Folks,
Looks like he's at it again, nearly got stung. put an ad in Gumtree selling my drone for £850. got a message virtually straightaway from Andrew offering me full price .. after some back and forth he agreed to buy it for his son's birthday who lives in Peterborough? his son's name is Darius Pacurari .. i googled the address and something just didn't seem right.. i on't know why just instinct perhaps . any way i then googled Darius Pacurari .
And lo and behold i found the link to this page. no money has gone in my paypal wallet as yet .he says he's paid £900..to cover postage aswell now i'm wondering ...i shall be cutting off all communications with him. just annoyed that he has my email address though..Bit annoyed with Gumtree . anyway i still have the drone here so i haven't lost out . but this was a close call to losing nearly £1000.00
#380760 by JAY61 Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:11 pm
just found this in my Spam folder
Dear XXX,

This message is originated from PayPal regarding the payment made to your PayPal account by Andrew Nist. The payment has been successfully made but due to security reasons we have to receive the shipment tracking number for the processing of your order and your account credited.
This a new measure we are taking to protect both our sellers and buyers against fraudulent customers.

Once you have shipped the item, send us the shipment tracking number for verification .After the Tracking Number has been verified, your account will be credited instantly.
Payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/ tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. You are to reply this message with the shipment tracking number so that your account could be credited.

**PLEASE NOTE**
Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us, You will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email" from PayPal informing you that the Money has been credited.
Note: PayPal will be responsible for the item loss or damage once we receive the tracking number

Inline image 1

Thank you for using PayPal.
The PayPal Team
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
#380761 by JAY61 Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:13 pm
And just got this one too.
Dear XXX,

This a confirmation email of a payment of £900.00 GBP received from Andrew Nist. What is required from you in order to get your account credited is the Shipment tracking number, this number will be given to you at the post office after you might have sent the item to the bearer, this is part of our new policy and a security measure in other to protect both the buyer and the seller, also to verify if the item was really bought from you we have sent you a confirmation email earlier on to inform you that the payment is legal and has been confirmed, also to guide you against fraudulent acts.

We have included the buyer's full name and amount paid for you to know this message was really sent from PayPal. We advise that you make sure the item is sent out as soon as possible and request for a tracking number after you might have send out the item, then you can email us the number by replying directly to this message after it might have been given to you at the post office so as to credit your account without delay.

After we receive the number from you for security verification, your account will be credited at once, Our system has witness new upgrades, Please don't be surprised if you see us forwarding you to new customer attendants, its due to the amount of fraud going on involving our name which we are trying all our best to limit and put a stop to. As soon as we receive the requested information from you, your account will be credited.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal Email ID PP305

Official PayPal Seal

[email protected]
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details and added quotes for clarity