Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#40209 by atm326s Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:05 pm
I post ed an ad on Craigslist for my brother-in-law. It is for his four wheeler and I received an e-mail from a gentleman that says he is interested in it for his boy but he is a marine engineer and cannot pick it up himself. So he asked me if he would add the extra money for me to pay his agent through western union for him. So I said I would. I started getting suspicious about this whole deal so I checked out the agent online who was going to pick this item up for him. The carrier is called Transport Company UAB"Kuršiu Linija". I seen others report a scam on this carrier so I then called Paypal and asked them and they said it was a scam. So this is to everyone out there. As the old saying goes "If it sounds to good to be true. Then it is to good to be true." Do Not Fall Victim To These People. Call paypal and ask them if the money is there before falling victim to them or better yet just tell them that all purchases has to be made in person. Please use your best judgement out there.
Advertisement

#40211 by David Jansen Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:32 pm
Welcome here atm326s

Could you post the emails this scammer has send you? Preferably with the full headers. If you don't know how to get the headers, just ask. Posting the emails will help in saving others.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.