Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#320525 by schnelle4 Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:35 am
I guess I am glad I am not too trusting. Even though I thought it sounded too good to be true, I emailed this person at [email protected] (alrhough they had spelled out the word "at" and "dot" in the email info) and shortly after got the email below from [email protected].

I then googled the new email address and found this site. Too bad there are so many crooks in the world. I did not give them any of the information they asked for, but instead replied with this scanwarners reports on them.

Hello,

Thanks for inquire - Abbyson Living Barclay 4 Piece Hand Rubbed Leather Sofa Set is Brand New, original box, sealed, never used, not scratches or any problems, comes in the manufacturer packaging with 2 Year full warranty and all manufacturer supplied accessories, US model. The total price is $499, including all shipping and insurance fees to United States / Canada. (1-3 business days).
The offer lasts in 7 days. Take advantage while the offer lasts.
If you want to buy, send me your phone number, full name, shipping address and I will contact Amazon asap to process your order. Dispatch is by normal UPS Services, which takes 1-3 days depending on where in the US you are.

Return policy is full money back or replace the product, you can return it for any reason at all within 30 days.

For more information don't hesitate to contact us!

Kindest regards!
Advertisement

#320526 by AlanJones Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:24 pm
schnelle4 wrote:replied with this scanwarners reports on them.

In future, please do not alert scammers to the fact that their details are listed on this site. It will take him a few minutes to set up a new fake identity and this warning is now worthless.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.