Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#320211 by Natuka Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:50 pm
From Email Address: [email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------
Hi <name>,

Thank you for your interest in my 1998 Ford Mustang GT Convertible 2-Door 4.6L. 1998 MUSTANG GT CONVERTIBLE 1 OWNER CLEAN CARFAX ALL STOCK WITH A REBUILT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION THAT WAS DONE AT THE END OF 2014. THIS MUSTANG ALSO HAS A NEW CONVERTIBLE TOP. THE CAR OVERALL IS IN GREAT SHAPE FOR THE YEAR. CAR COMES WITH THE FACTORY MACH STEREO SYSTEM. AC WORKS GREAT AND THE CAR HAS NO MECHANICAL ISSUES. Clean and clear title. The price was reduced to $1,000 as I need to sell it until the 10th of March, when I will be deployed with my Wing to Europe. If you have any other questions or need more info, please feel free to ask.

I have attached more pics with the vehicle,

Admiral Michelle Howard
COMMANDER U.S. NAVAL FORCES
Hi Michelle,

I really love the way this car looks! I'm very interested in taking a closer look at it sometime during an evening or weekend. Let me know what works best for you.

Thanks
Hi again,

Right now I'm at Washington, D.C, doing a special training and getting ready for my deployment to Europe. The vehicle is already at the Amazon warehouse, here in Washington, sealed and ready to be delivered to your place in 3-4 days. The transaction will be done ONLY through Amazon. They will handle the shipping, the payment and the paper exchange. By dealing through Amazon, we are both covered 100% and nothing wrong can happen with my vehicle or your money. You will benefit of free delivery (3 days top) and a 7 day period to inspect and accept the vehicle . Your money will stay in your possession and you won't release any payment to Amazon until you inspect and accept it.
If you're interested, please reply with your full name, shipping address and the best phone # where you can be reached. I will forward your details to Amazon and they will contact you with more info on how to purchase it and how to make the payment.
-Google found one and only one image matching the profile pic in their email thumbnail, on a Chinese looking website. This picture is no longer their thumbnail, it's blank. The next day (today) they sent another:
Hi <name>,

Thank you for your interest in my 1998 Ford Mustang GT Convertible 2-Door 4.6L. THIS MUSTANG ALSO HAS A NEW CONVERTIBLE TOP. THE CAR OVERALL IS IN GREAT SHAPE FOR THE YEAR. CAR COMES WITH THE FACTORY MACH STEREO SYSTEM. AC WORKS GREAT AND THE CAR HAS NO MECHANICAL ISSUES. and 118,866 original miles. The interior was just cleaned. Clean and clear title. The price was reduced to $1,000 as I need to sell it until the 10th of March, when I will be deployed with my Wing to Europe. If you have any other questions or need more info, please feel free to ask.

I have attached more pics with the car,

God Bless,
U.S. Naval Forces
Adm. Michelle Howard
-Seems to me to be a pretty obvious scam so I wanted to post this to a scam site so if anyone else is being targeted and tries to search for anything it'll show this in their results. I'll also accept any ideas of ways to mess with them (if that's allowed here, 419eater won't let me register an account) as I'm kind of busy and not feeling very creative.
Advertisement