Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#40933 by Michelle Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:16 am
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:38:00 +0000
Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: ipod shuffle 2gig silver
To: Michelle Banks

Hi Thanks for getting back to me i will want to know the recent condition of this item and its total amount.I 'm sending it to someone as a Xmas Gift in West Africa(Nigeria),via Royal Mail
International Signed For,but unfortunately I'm not opportune to come get the item myself,so i will really appreciate if you can kindly post the item for me which i will offer you the sum of £50 for postage and packaging of the items Abroad.I will want us to sincerely deal with each other through PayPal Online Auction or Via Bank Transfer,cause i believe its safe for both of us..I will love you to get back to me with all the answers and also PayPal money request or your bank details and the overall cost of the total amount plus p&p and your gumtree ad number,so payment can be made asap and i can get back to you with the postage address.

I await your quick response

Madison Jones

Advertisement

#40951 by saz Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:35 pm
i had the same person email me!! :( i would never have known it was a scam. iBut i thought it a little strange so i googled it and found this site
#40953 by Michelle Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:17 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners.com Saz

The scammer would have sent you fake PayPal Notifications telling you that your money couldn't be released until there was evidence (a consignment tracking number)that you had dispatch your item; by which time it would be too late to retrieve it.

PayPal do not provide such a service.