Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#322713 by wondermouse Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:59 am
After managing to get this scammer kicked out of a compromised ebay account, for trying to sell dozens of non-existent cars, they've set up[ a new domain [email protected] and are still trying to sell me the car.

It's a simple scam,

Pay me the money and I will ship the car to you. If you don't like it you can get a paypal refund within 7 days.

You know the rest.

I'd like to get this b*****d's domain shut down. What's the procedure?
Advertisement

#322729 by Mike Wilson Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:20 pm
Hello in order to get the domain shutdown we will need solid evidence the domain is actually being used for fraud.

The website is currently display template pages with no scam content.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#322810 by wondermouse Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:27 am
They aren't using the web site, just an email address using the domain. They have emailed me trying to continue a conversation started on eBay and continued using email via their previous domain which was shut down.

I can paste the conversation in here but a little wary of revealing my email address in public. Or can forward or PM a copy of the email thread.
#322813 by Bryon Williams Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 am
Remove your email address, name and personal information prior to submitting.

Also post the email headers. See below in my signature for information on headers.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/