Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#348562 by Trish sharman on the Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:29 pm
How are you doing today?Payment has been delivered through USPS today,Thanks for your honesty towards this transaction so far. The overpayment is meant to cover the cost of shipment for my other properties as i'm moving to another state alongside this item including tax and insurance plus the movers and agent fees.

Please deposit the check today so that it clears by Tomorrow after the check has cleared,All you have to do is go the bank and have the rest of the money withdrawn in cash and have it sent to the movers information below via walmart-2-walmart

Name : Patrick Reed
Address : 17514 Driftwood Prairie Ln
City : Houston
state : TX
Zip code : 77095

Do let me know your schedule for the week regarding pickup as i have some other properties to be moved alongside the item. Please do act accordingly as agreed after deducting your money for the item, make the rest fund available to the movers via walmart-2-walmart at any WALMART NEAR YOU and get back to me with the transfer details below (as it appears on the receipt) so i can contact the movers for the pick-up at your location ....Deduct the sending charges from my fund also $50 for yourself (meant for any hassle or run around).

1} Sender’s name and address
2} Reference number which is the 9 digits reference on the WALMART-2-WALMART receipt
3} Actual amount sent after the fee had been deducted
4} Scanned copy of the receipt or picture if possible

PS : WALMART OFFERS 2 MONEY TRANSFER SERVICES,YOU’RE TO SEND A WALMART-2-WALMART NOT WALMART MONEY GRAM

Hope i can trust you with the overpayment? Your Honesty and transparency will be appreciated.

Look forward to your email yep she's a real nasty piece of work I receive the check market as fake and took it to the police department. Thank you all for posting these experiences I really appreciate it. I knew it was a scam from the beginning but you verified it thank you oh yeah
Advertisement

#348563 by Trish sharman on the Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:38 pm
Her name is Jennifer Thompson she has and done a lot of mean and dishonest things her scamming on innocent people! She should be arrested! She is a very disgusting person and deserves what she gets.,Jennifer and people like her make me sick. Thank God for websites like yours that my friend knew about. That alerted me to her dishonesty. There is no excuse for people acting like they are disabled or in the military or anything else to try to scam on people good people! That's all I have to say. Going to the please department and FBI tomorrow about Jennifer Thompson. This was not the same as it used to be we have to stand up and disclose these kind of people.
#350352 by Jeffro Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:11 pm
Still at it on 12/24/17! I typed in part of the email in quotes into google to come across this this. Thanks everyone - it's amazing how the body of the email hasn't changed in 5 years!

Today's email from Laura Walker:
Hi There, My Aunt wants to buy your furniture. Kindly communicate with her on habey362{at}gmail{dot}com if it hasn’t sold yet.

I emailed the "aunt" and received:
To make sure that everything goes smoothly i would wait till the check clears and you have your money in cash before the pickup is done, I will also be responsible for the pickup and it will be done by my movers.Their payment will be included in the check i mail to you and this is all due to my disability (am deaf) and me being away for surgery.This will make the transaction better and convenient.

I would have loved to come for the viewing but again i cant as I'm away for a surgery.I know you were not expecting this and I'm offering an extra $50 for you to delete the posting to show i want it as i am just settling into my new house which I want good deals to furnish it with.

If you are okay with this please get back to me with the following, So the payment can be mailed

Your Full name
Your Physical address or Work address (as UPS does not deliver to P.o.boxes)
Final price after including the extra 50

Look forward to your mail

And the email was from: [email protected]
#353007 by sarafaye Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:56 am
This just happened to me too. What a pain in the neck. I started off trying to be helpful because she is deaf but then realized that things were getting more and more sketchy. After finding this site I called my bank to cancel the check (should have never deposited in the first place, I know) and then called the police to file a police report. If the check does go through, it will be a criminal report for fraud. I also asked her not to contact me again. If she does, the police said this is a separate report for harassment.

If this happens to you and you don't find this site until a bit too late like me, call your bank and the police! The more people who report this person the better. I hope she gets caught and stops harassing people who are simply trying to sell their furniture. I will also look into how to report her through Craig's List.
#353009 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:00 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post her name, email address and a couple emails from her.

Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/