Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#41495 by dontronqito Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:45 am
i emailed them if the car was still for sale and this is what they wrote>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Sent: Mon, November 29, 2010 12:17:01 PM
Subject: Re: 2001 Honda Civic EX Sedan

Hello,

The car it's still available, has 87,200 miles, automatic transmission. It's in perfect condition, no engine problems (4 Cylinder Gasoline), no accidents/liens/loans. Exterior no scratches, never been repainted, interior no rips/tears/stains, never smoked inside. I have all the car's manuals, 2 spare of keys, clean title, documents. I'm selling the car because my child of only 19 died 4 months ago in a car accident, a drunk driver hit him and his fiancee. He was with his fiance's car coming to our home at his little brother birthday of 10 years old. This Honda Civic was his car and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it. The last price is $3,400.
Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection Program. I just need your full name, full shipping address, home/cell # so I can open a case (with no further obligation or fees). eBay will contact you with all the Transaction/shipping details you will need. We will take care of the shipping, so don't worry.
We hope to hear soon from you.

For more pictures here is a link to the car's photo gallery:
http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k49 ... x-sedann1/

Thank you for your interest!
Theresa and Mark Heather
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:21:44 -0800
Subject: Re: 2001 Honda Civic EX Sedan
To: [email protected]

I am sorry to hear that. I would like to go see the car personally if possible first and test drive it. Can we make an appointment? Any time you have available is fine. Give me a call (661)-618-8136.

Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your dear son
~Carlos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again and thank you so much for your kind thoughts Carlos,

I appreciate your serious intentions in making the deal on the spot, however we have decided to sell it on-line because we are working as flight attendants and also decided to post the car on several cities so we can sell it faster. I also choose to use the services of eBay Purchase Protection Program (Buyer Protection Plan) as they provide the most reliable assistance in which regards the on-line sales.
Let me tell you that my car is located in Morrow, Georgia right now at DAS( Dependable Auto Shippers ) and eBay Purchase Protection offers you a 10 days inspection period and also an Agent who will assist you during our transaction. The shipping will be made by DAS-Auto Shippers in a sealed container with their 3 days door-to-door Program. Also you will have to decide if you want to keep the car only after your 10 days inspection period. I will have to pay for the shipping prior to get my car shipped and also if you decide that you don't want to keep my car I will have to make arrangements so I can get my car back. You will receive the car with the clean title already signed on your name, bill of sale, two spare of keys, & all the paper work.

So let me know if you would like to register you as my client and start the process asap! If so, I will need your full name, full shipping address along with your home/cell # so we can get the ball rolling.

Very respectfully,
Theresa and Mark Heather
Advertisement

#41507 by David Jansen Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:21 am
Welcome here dontronqito.

This is a classic ebay car selling scam. The scammer pretends to make an effort to ship the car to you, but he, or the shipping company (played by thesame scammer) will need upfront shipping fees to be payed.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.