#324451 by gotscanned Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 pm
Hi guys,

Just wanted to warn you. I received an email wanting to buy merchandise from me, but did not want to deal with ups or fedex and had their own shipping dealer. Here is the email!

Hello,
How're you today? I want to place an order from your webstore. Do you ship to the Netherlands? and accept credit cards? Do you also work on weekends? What is the name of your credit card processing merchant you run your credit card charges with? Kindly answer my questions and we can proceed further.
Thanks
Mary antdcloesks

... It went as far as getting quotes from their shipping company. and then wiring money to western union? heres the email..

Hello,
Thanks for your reply back, Sorry for the late in replying back, we've been very busy at the warehouse, more so, the total cost of my order is okay with me and I'm ready to proceed and you email me an invoice to remit payment. But, we ran into a little problem, we've been in contact with our shipper about the shipping payment, i just got a response from my shipping Agent that He cannot receive payment via credit or debit card from me at the moment due to some circumstance beyond their control. I want you to help me Charge another $ to my shipping agent who is going to pick up my ordered items from you.

The $ that will be sent to the shipping agent is for the shipping of my order plus other items i ordered from different countries which will be deducted from my credit card. Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of $ for the transfer fee and surcharge. Please note, I should have given the shipping agent my credit card for him to deduct the shipping funds, but He told me, they're having some technical issues, so that's why i bring my vote of confidence in you and i don't want you to betray the vote of confidence i put in you. I want you to transfer the funds to him after you have make the charges and the money charged from my credit card has cleared your account, then you can now make the transfer to the agent via western union. I will have love to do this my self but there no Western union here around me, So the charges you'll make on my credit card will be:

I replaced the amounts with $. So this is when I knew this was a scam. I emailed them back saying I can not proceed. So beware !!!!

Was almost scammed! Make sure you always look into details in emails wanting to ship internationally. Especially if they do not want to accept paypal or reliable shipping. !! :) take care
Advertisement

#324452 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:19 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

What was the email address the scammer used?

The scam involves stolen credit cards. The scammer will have you take the stolen credit cards and send money back to him.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#327186 by ossuaria Fri May 05, 2017 2:18 pm
FYI - just got hit by the same people. Basically the same email exchange, though I knew something was fishy before I ever contacted their shipper ([email protected]). The person's "name" that contacted me was Anna Anderslauveit and her email address was [email protected]. She also referenced a customer ID #PA247429545A, just in case anyone gets hit with that number, but a different name.

She wasted a huge amount of my time, and got my hopes up for a sale that I very much needed.

I am less than amused.