Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#325600 by Esmeralda1984 Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:30 am
Hello I post on Gumtree that Im selling my phone for £290, after 10mins somebody Robert Wilson ([email protected]) ... contacted me via email that he want to buy my phone and he can send the money to my bank account and I need to send the phone with Royal mail next day delivery,to address he gave me.. next morning i receive a email from "Robert Wilson" ... (Hello,i have just send out the payment through my bank and your money has been deducted from my account so check your email box for the payment confirmation message from them and as soon as you see this kindly make the shipment now so that transaction can be completed and get back to me asap and here is the shipping address below again
Name: G Lomut.
55 Townsend Ln ,
Liverpool,
L6 0AX,
United Kingdom.
Make sure the shipment is done through ROYAL MAIL NEXT DAY DELIVERY SERVICE ONLY for secured and safety delivery.Thanks very much and Hope to hear back from you as soon as you make the shipment...

I also got 2 emails from "NetBank"
***Dear E S.,
This is to inform you that your Banking information has been confirmed and a total amount of £290.00 GBP Paid by Robert Wilson.
We are pleased to inform you that the payment has been successfully deducted from the buyer's account, But due to security reasons we have to receive the tracking/reference number as proof of shipment before the payment can be processed into your account.
This is a new measure we are taking to protect all our customers against fraudulent acts. Once you have shipped the item, Email us the shipment tracking number for verification after the number has been verified, Your account will be credited immediately.
Account Name:E S****
Account number:219******
Sort code:30-9*-**
Phone Number: ____________

Note:
The status of your fund is in PENDING MODE !! The Buyer's shipping address has been confirmed by Net bank authority.
Name: G Lomut.
55 Townsend Ln ,
Liverpool,
L6 0AX,
United Kingdom.
Buyer's Shipping Options:
Royal-mail (Next day delivery).

*** ATTENTION***

The payment has been APPROVED, you can now ship the item to the Buyer's shipping address.You are expected to make the shipment and get back to our Costumer/Technical Dept with the tracking number for verification of shipment if not the payment will not be credited into your account.

The tracking number will be used to confirm and verify shipment.The tracking number should be mailed to our customer care center by replying direct to this email.
Net Bank®Payment Team.
Reg No:2080759
Transfer Manager
Mrs Judith Borjan
Manger Signature,

So I was smart and before I sending something out I first google everything and checking,so as I read lots of INFO here on this website I knew stright away this is SCAM, I also send email back to "Robert Wilson" that this is a scam and i did report about him,after that I never heard back from this guy no more, so PLEASE be AWARE people, dont trust nobody who say they will pay U and U will receive the money after U will sent out the item!
Advertisement

#339438 by Kayleigh0907 Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:41 am
Hi there I had the same thing happen to me yesterday I had 2 pushchairs for sale on gumtree [email protected] contacted me saying he was interested in my stuff. I thought it was strange that he wasn't bothered about condition or anything. He said he was buying the pushchairs for his daughter and he would be responsible for picking it up, so I thought he was living close to me. He then added that he wanted my sort code and account number to transfer me the money so I sent him the details he then said that he had passed on my address to the shipping company, so then I realised he was far away I agreed. The next day I received a email from net bank stating that the money was on hold till I purchase £150 of iTunes cards and send them a copy of the receipts I then realised it was a big scam I contacted my bank and informed them I also contacted the fraud team and told them as much as o could I was absolutely disgusted. I have been reading story's on the internet about this scam and they have targeted a lot of people absolute scum I hope my information to the fraud unit help catch these awful people