Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#327134 by Michelle Fri May 05, 2017 4:53 am
Mary Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> My 2006 R Vision Travel Trailer 27ft, is still for sale. This trailer is in great shape. I’m the original owner. It has no damage or hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn’t been involved in any accident. I have a clear title, without liens or loans on it, under my name. I am selling it at this final price of $2,000 because my husband died 1 month ago and it brings me bad memories and that’s the reason I want to sell it a.s.a.p. I want to use eBay services for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing this trailer , I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
> Thank you,

Hi again, as I have told you in previous email my husband died recently. I had to move out and now I am living with my parents in Omaha, Nebraska. At the moment they are the only ones I can rely on. The trailer is at the shipping company sealed and ready for the shipping. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 2-4 days. Once you will get the trailer you will have 5 days to try it out prior to making any purchase.In the case that you feel that the trailer is not suitable,you can just return it all fees being supported by me. When receiving it you will have as well all the documents including title, bill of sale, full service records and more. The title and the bill of sale will be notarized and signed by me. If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, I can ask eBay to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. Please reply with your full name, delivery address including (street, city,state, zip code) and mobile phone number and they will contact you right away. As soon as I hear that from you I will initiate the transaction through them.
God bless

Hi how are you today?
eBay informed me that they have sent you the invoice. Let me know if you got it!

ps: this reminder may end up in your "Junk E-Mail" or "Bulk" mail folder, depending on your service and mail account settings. For additional questions and help, feel free to call them at +1 (866) 621-6920 I'll wait your answer ASAP
Thank you

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#327619 by VJoyce Wed May 10, 2017 10:58 am
"She" is now trying to sell a $2000 horse trailer on Richmond VA Craigslist with the same story.
My 1998 Sundowner 3 Horse Slant Load, is still for sale. This trailer is in great shape.  I’m the original owner. It has no damage or hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and  hasn’t been involved in any accident. I have a clear title, without liens or loans on it, under my name. I am selling it at this final price of $2,000 because my husband  died 1 month ago and it brings me bad memories and that’s the reason I  want to sell it a.s.a.p. I want to use e Bay services for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing this trailer, I can notify e Bay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will  contact you to explain the entire procedure.
Hitch Type: Bumper Pull  Length (feet) 16
Thank you,
#333064 by Brit Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:14 pm
"Mary Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

My Food Truck Concession Kitchen, is still for sale. This Truck is in great shape. I’m the original owner. It has no damage or hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn’t been involved in any accident.I have all the papers, under my name. I am selling it at this final price of $2,500 because my husband died 1 month ago and it brings me bad memories and that’s the reason I want to sell it a.s.a.p. I want to use eBay services for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing this Truck, I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. "
#333153 by DON1234 Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:06 pm
I was sure that it had to be a scam because it was too good to be true (which is how I got here) but I can't figure out how it works. Can someone please explain to me how it scams you?
#333192 by Tim Atem Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:59 am
Michelle wrote:This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

The scammers will have you send money to their personal bank account and/or wire money through Western Union or MoneyGram. Whatever she is trying to sell you doesn't exist. They will send a fake invoice pretending to be from eBay. If you received a fake invoice, please follow Michelle's directions above.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5