Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#323660 by puahpuah Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 pm
i received 1 similar email today after i posted an ad in mudah.my to sell a car (malaysia selling website), The message is 90% the same. so I confirm it is a spam! this is too good to be real.
whoever started this, thanks for posting and letting everybody alert on the scam. Appreciate the information shared by everyone.

Basically , i received an sms asking me to email to the address which is his father and within 3 minutes i get a reply from the "father who works as a oil rig subsea engineer who cannot use a phone but only email.
all kinds of people out there.. we just need to be alert!
thanks again.
for anyone reference, the message goes like this:

Hi,

I'm Mr
Vincent
. It was my son that SMS you to email me. I will like to know the final price for it and i want you to get back to me with more pictures and its current condition because i can't come over to view it. I am buying it as a gift for my son that just graduated in Philippine.

I am Oil Rig Sub Sea Engineer for Petronas here in Malaysia and due to the nature of my work, I am restricted to phone call as I am currently offshore. I can only communicate via email
at the moment

You need not worry abcout how it will get to him there in the Philippine as I have a shipping agent that will be coming from Philippine to do the inspection at PUSPAKOM and the name transfer at JPJ on my behalf.

Regards

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 4:01 AM,< I> wrote:
Hi, I get an SMS

RM0.00 Hi, Is your Car still available ? If yes, pls email my father at : [email protected] as this is urgent. TQ

Is that you are interested in the great Wall m4 car that I posted on the Mudah.my?

If yes, how could I get in touch with you?
Advertisement

#327395 by rifelixd Sun May 07, 2017 9:50 pm
I have got this yesterday
-------------------------------
On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Vincent Wei Sheng <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,
​​I'm Mr ​Vincent. It was my son that SMS you to email me. I will like to know the final price for it and i want you to get back to me with more pictures and its current condition because i can't come over to view it. I am buying it as a gift for my son that just graduated in Philippine.

​​I am Oil Rig Sub Sea Engineer for Petronas here in Malaysia and due to the nature of my work, I am restricted to phone call as I am currently offshore. I can only communicate via email​ at the moment​.

You need not worry abcout h​​ow it will get to him there in the Philippine as I have a shipping agent that will be coming from Philippine to do the inspection at PUSPAKOM and the name transfer at JPJ on my behalf.

Regards