Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#327499 by DavidS Tue May 09, 2017 7:37 am
After paying to post a vehicle for sale on AutoTrader.com I was emailed by a person named Henry Nelson asking me the condition of the vehicle, which was described in the ad in great detail (first red flag). After I told him the condition he immediately said he wanted to buy it but was out of state and wanted to pay using my PayPal account and then have his "pickup agent" get it for him (red flag 2 was that he was willing to buy it sight unseen). I told him I'd only sell it in person for cash or certified check from a local bank and I'd be willing to meet his "pickup agent" in person to see the vehicle. He insisted that he believed me that the vehicle was in good shape and asked me to send him a PayPal invoice and he'd pay right away and pick up the vehicle after the payment went through. (red flag 3 that he was unwilling to have his "pickup agent" meet me) I called him out on his scam and blocked him from further contact. His info is below;

Name: Henry Nelson

Phone: 347-580-7414 New York number. He did answer when I called but the connection and his accent was so thick I couldn't understand him.

Email: [email protected]
Advertisement

#327533 by Mike Wilson Tue May 09, 2017 11:35 am
PayPal Serivice [email protected]

Email from fake PayPal

Dear <Victim>

You have received a PayPal Payment of $9,100.00 USD from nelson henry.Thank you for using PayPal, this is a notification email about the transaction involving you kelvin patti and . As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which includes the buyer's shipper's pick up fees. Be informed that you are 100% safe with PayPal and you do not need to worry about anything therefore you are to go ahead with the transaction for your account to be credited as soon as you email us with the receipt given to you at the money gram outlet, we are sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you. The money has been deducted from the buyer's account and will be credited into your PayPal account as soon as you send to us the Payment Receipt hereby confirming that the excess money has been sent out to the bearer via money gram money transfer only as requested by the buyer.

The transaction has been screened and has proven to be 100% legal.

You are hereby advised to go ahead with the transaction and wire out the $1000.00USD pick up fee to the bearer, For security reasons email the money gram payment receipt to PayPal only and wait till your account is being credited before emailing the receipt to the buyer, therefore go ahead with the transaction.
This is a step by step way of sending the money to the bearer:
1. Go to any Walmart/Bloom store or post office close to your home.
2. Ask for a money gram money transfer form.
3. Fill the form with the details pick up agent.
4. Tender the cash and you will be issued a receipt after the money has been sent.
5. Attach and email to PayPal a scanned copy of the receipt.
If you don't have a scanner, You can email PayPal with the following details written on the receipt:

1. Reffernce number(the 8 digit number written on the receipt)
2. Sender's full name and address.
3. Send it money in minutes.

Note: As this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, any inquiries and necessary information should be sent to us by directly replying to this message, because of the status of this transaction, it has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section,and all inquiries should be directed to this e-mail address as it is the one monitored for your transaction.Be informed that this transaction is only available and can only be tracked and traced via email, so do reply back to us if you have any question about the transaction and not via phone call.

To protect your security, PayPal offers information on the status of the buyer.
Buyer Reputation: (1) Verified Buyer
Account Status: Verified
Account Type: US Personal
Account Creation Date: Mar 9, 2009
PayPal Member For: 8 years 8 months 21 days

We are assuring of you a 100% safety, and as soon as the payment details is been emailed to us, a total funds will be credited into your account.

Thank You For Using PayPal.!
PayPal Team.

Email from the fake shipping company.
GAC Local Shipping [email protected]

My name is Steve Walker, We wish to inform you that kelvin patti contacted us in regards of the (2004 Charger) he bought from you. Sequel to this, we sincerely request that you should forward to PayPal and us with the Money Gram receipt that you have get the $1000.00 USD in which we charge him for the pickup of the (2004 Charger) he pay you for...In additional contact us back the details needed so that we can come to your home and pick up the (2004 Charger) he paid for. Here is the agent's information of the agents in charge of the pick up service :

Agent's Confirmed Information:

Agent Rep Name: Steven Holiday
City: Houston
State: Texas
Zip Code: 77007

We expect you to get back to us with the information below:

1.Full Name
2. Address
3. Time & Date Convenient For You To Pick Up The Item

Follow up email from the scammer claiming the money was put on hold.
This is total nonsense - PayPal does not act as an escrow service.
Money has been sent but its been placed on hold for some reasons you need to follow some instructions before the money will be credited into your account. So please kindly check both inbox & spam folder of (victims email address) to check the transfer emails from PayPal and check especially the spam folder its might goes there because i was sent copies too and i found PayPal emails there and i move them to my inbox folder and if you also found the emails in spam folder of your email kindly move them to your inbox folder and go through them carefully in order to know what you need to do for the money to be released into your account and keep me updated on the process asap... let me know as soon as you get the payment from paypal.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon