Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#330579 by Desperado777 Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:32 pm
Hey, got some new scam emails and numbers for you. I posted my paintball gear on Kijiji, same day got text from (419) 776-8540 which read as follows
Hello.. Kindly please email Mr. Gabriel at [email protected] if you still have theFull Paintball Merc Kit for sale including your asking price.. Thnx

Communication only through email after receiving a text was an immediate redflag, but unfamiliar with this scam, I proceeded by sending the following email.
Good afternoon, Mr. Hamilton,

I understand you're interested in my gear. The full kit is still available at the asking price of $750. Is there any questions I might answer for you?

I received the following from the address I was given.

Thanks for your response, I am sorry I am not available to view due to the nature of my job,. Can you assure me that i will not be disappointed with it. I'm ready to pay your asking price. I am currently deployed wont be back till September. I am OK with your asking price and if you don't mind, I can only pay through PayPal at the moment because its the most secure way to make or receive payment online this is why I'll prefer using PayPal to pay you, all I need is your PayPal email address and paypal full holders name to make the payment and if you don't have a PayPal account, its pretty easy to set up at http://www.paypal.com. I also have a few questions for you.

Whats its condition, any damages? Are you the original owner and what is your reason for selling?and last asking price?

I hope you consider my offer. I am ready to buy, so you can take the add off Kijiji.ca. I'll have a courier person come for pick up and storage after I make payment and money is in your hand. Thanks for understanding, hope to read from you soon

Thanks
Gabriel

Further red flags were "I am not available to view" and "currently deployed" as well as "I am ready to buy, so you can take the add off" "Pick up by courier".
Did a quick internet search and found this thread, so thanks guys!
Also received another text today starkly similar from (226) 774-3529
Full Paintball Merc Kit
Hello, is your AD on KIJIJI still available? let me know your final because i intend to buy it Asap. kindly reply back directly to my personal email
([email protected])
Thank.
Advertisement

#331069 by tanyasweet Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:53 am
I had the same thing happen when I posted my horse for sale. I received a texted asking for email [email protected] and the asking price. I thought it was odd as the asking price was in the title of my ad. I searched online and thankfully found this thread to warn me it was a scam.
#334385 by Mike444 Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:52 pm
Just got the same text for something I posted on Kijiji today. Seemed a little fishy so I googled the email address and found this. Not going to reply.