Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#42569 by Ryan Hains Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:42 am
Ebay scammer actually wants your merchandise
Because sellers ship within one day, this is a very quick scam.

[email protected]
[email protected]

More Ebay-Paypal scammer names and emails:
[email protected]
Adebisi Adeniyi
Williams April

> From: "[email protected]." <[email protected]>
Date: December 15, 2010 5:13:31 AM CST
To: xxxxx
Subject: Item no. 270680012773 - Notification of an Instant Payment Received from mokidita ([email protected]).

PayPal

Dear Valued Customer, (xxxxxx)
You have an Instant Payment of $1,000.00USD from mokidita ([email protected]).
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.After the Shipment had been Verified Authentic.
Payment Details

Purchased From : xxxxxxxx
Transaction ID:4GA06960DM9705061
Item Number Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
Apple iphone 4 Black (16GB) (AT&T) 1 $900.00 USD $900.00 USD

Postage & Packing via USPS 3-5 Days Express Mail International(EMS)
(includes any seller packing fees) $100.00
Postage Compensation (not offered): --
Total: $1,000.00 USD

Delivery Information
Address: Name: Emeka John
Address: 8 Olowu Street, Agbowo U I
City : Ibadan
State: Oyo
Zip code: 23402

Means of Postage: USPS 3-5 Days Express Mail International (EMS)
Address Status: Confirmed

NOTE: This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED " but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both inequalities (Buyer & Seller) from online fraudulent activities. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited.

You will have to email us the tracking number to the PayPal Customer Care at: [email protected] . As soon as we receive the shipment tracking number from you, you will receive a " CONFIRMATION EMAIL" concerning the accreditation of the funds into your PayPal Account and we shall get the funds credited into your PayPal Account within 24 hours.

NOTE : Do Not send the shipment tracking number to the buyer until you are ask to do so .

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, you can contact our customer care service at:
[email protected]
PayPal, an eBay company

Thank you for using PayPal !
The PayPal Team
Copyright ©1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal ( Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP1525

Always PERSONALLY VERIFY your account has been credited with payment before shipping.

> From: "[email protected]." <[email protected]>
Date: December 15, 2010 5:14:48 AM CST
To: [email protected]
Subject: ***AWAITING THE TRACKING NUMBER OF SHIPMENT FOR VERIFICATION AND ACCREDITATION***

PayPal
About Your New Fund,

You are required to reply with the shipment tracking number for the transaction ID: 4GA06960DM9705061 to [email protected] for verification purpose after which your account will be credited without any delay . It is our policy to verify shipment before fund is credited in other to make sure that a safe transaction exist between the buyer and the seller.

This measure is taken to protect both the buyer and the seller from all fraudulent activity whatsoever.

ALSO NOTE THAT : This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED " but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both inequalities (Buyer & Seller) from online fraudulent activities. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited.

You will have to email us the tracking number to the PayPal Customer Care at:
[email protected] . As soon as we receive the shipment tracking number from you, you will receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL" concerning the accreditation of the funds into your PayPal Account and we shall get the funds credited into your PayPal Account within 24 hours.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, you can contact our customer care service at: [email protected]
PayPal, an eBay company
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Copyright ©1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP1525

Once the sellers Merchandise is sent and the shipping tracking number is sent to the scammer, the sellers package can rarely be stopped and retrieved .

Advertisement

#42608 by WOW Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 pm
Hey Brother,
I am new to most online things and am pretty technologically retarded (sorry not to politically correct, either). But some how I found your post to day about Mrs. mokidita. HMMM, I wonder why I was looking in to her??? She has not got me yet. But I think tomorrow comes the hook line and sinker.
I thought it was a lil wierd she asked me to stop auction short. But, ahhhh a sale is a sale when I just got a huge ticket. Then her last e-mail did not come through e-bay??? Hmmm. She said she sent the money about 6 hours ago through pay pal and nothing...
Should I be worried? She also wanted me to send the phone to the U.K. for her grandson in college.
Should I be worried?
This would of been my first e-bay and paypal transaction. So I am a little ignorant and naive.

Thanks for listening.
#42617 by Dotti Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:08 am
If you didn't send the phone out, you have nothing to worry about.

What "she" (it's more likely a young African male sending the emails) planned to do is send a fake paypal email confirming payment, similar to the one posted in this thread. In reality, no money has been sent. Since it's a phone, the scammer is most likely after the item (in some cases, they don't want the item, only cash that you are instructed to send to the "shipper").

Paypal does not act as an escrow service. They do not hold money until you ship an item, inspect an item, or anything else. If someone transfers you money through paypal, it will show up in your account immediately. If you receive an email saying you received payment, you should always make sure money was received by going directly to paypal (always type the address in, or put it in your favorites or bookmarks and click from there--NEVER click on links to paypal that you receive in an email--there are so many phishing sites out there, it is very easy to get caught), and logging into your account to see if the money is there. If you log into the account, and the transaction does not show, then it's a scam, plain and simple.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.