Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#332960 by hypometer Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:19 pm
Hi,
Im sorry, I'm fairly new to this so please bear with me
I am selling something on ebay and i got this

"Actually, I am getting this item as a gift of love for my adopted-son and his currently in aboard. I want to surprise him on his upcoming birthday. Would you consider it sold if I offer to pay $320 for the item and $40 for the postage fee via USPS Priority Mail Express in other for me to secure the purchase to myself?. If yes, kindly get back to me with a request from PayPal so that I can send the payment. My details is written below.

I await your quick respond."

Is this a scam? I googled the email and nothing exactly like it came up, but similar things did. This person has reviews on ebay and they are all positive but then why are they offering so much for postage?
Sorry, I'm a little confused and any advice would help

Thanks!
Advertisement

#332962 by Mike Wilson Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:32 pm
This is a scam where he will send you a spoofed email that will appear to be from PayPal while in reality the email will be from the scammer.

He will further claim that PayPal is holding the funds until the shipment has been confirmed. PayPal does not act as an escrow service or hold funds.
Just ignore this scammer and any others that has similar messages.

Please post the email address the scammer is using.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#333024 by hypometer Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:59 am
oooooh wow really?

this person has 177 positive reviews so i would have never guessed it would be a scam

this is the email they said they would be using
"k e z z 0 0 0 5 @ o u t l o o k . c o m"

Thank you for telling me, I would have probably fallen for it too...
#333031 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:38 pm
Always follow Ebay and Paypal terms of service. Keep all communication within Ebays mails system. Do not transact outside of Ebay. The buyer should pay through Ebay.

The account was most most likely hacked.
[email protected]

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/