Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#5047 by Malvorich Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:57 am
I tried to register on the 419eater forums to get them to play with this retard, but I couldn't figure out where to register. Here's the response my wife got after e-mailing a poster on Craigslist about a property we wanted to look at to rent:

House Information
Bedrooms: 2
Bathrooms: 2
Parking: Reserved.
Available: Now
Price: $900/Month Utilities Included
Lease Term: as Long as you wish
Deposit: $500
Application Fee: $0.00 Hello Dear,

ADDRESS : 351 Whitehall Road, Albany NY

Sorry for the late response!!!!It is a great pleasure that you are interested in my house... Thanks for your email and it is my gladness hearing from you.i am Pastor Kay Wise and my wife Janice the owner of the house you are making enquiry of.Actually I resided in the house with my family,such as my wife and my only daugther before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in the (West Africa) and presently my house is still available for rent for 900/utilities included which the including the utilities like hydro,washerand security,it is furnised or if you wish to move in with your furnishes no problem..Moreso Now, i went for a Crusade in the West Africa .I wanted to sell the house but my wife advised me not to cos she feels it is one of our asset down in the state..

Pls i want you to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent alot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute mentenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken,it is not the money the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.Please note there's compulsory security deposit fee of 500 to move in and i need someone that is ready to secure it asap.You are welcome for inspection If you like. You can go look at the Neighborhood and exterior part of the house because you will not be able to go inside to see the interior hence I have all the keys and security code here with me

SO IF YOU ARE REALY INTRESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATIONS FORMS BELOW. Also,Pls let me get this answer.

RENT APPLICATION FORM

FIRST NAME:__________________
MIDDLE NAME: _________________
LAST NAME: __________________
PROFESSION: ________________
PHONE (____) __________
(CELL)PHONE (____) __________
(WORK)PHONE (____) __________
(HOME)
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE: ______________
ZIPCODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________
IF RENTING WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? ___________
IF THIS APARTMENT IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
NAME OF PET: _____________
KIND OF PETS: _____________
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE? ______________
DO YOU DRINK? ______________
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON +234-702-638-8779 OR 011-234-702-638-8779

I know, lol-worthy is it not? I also tried to contact and warn the real owner after doing some reverse lookups but the phone number was unlisted. My wife also got the same e-mail from a different ad that went to the same address. I want this guy messed with, but can't do it myself. Anyone know how I can send his info to the guys over at
419eater?

EDIT: I'm a moron and missed the very obvious "register" button at the top of their page. I'll be posting there too. :)
Advertisement

#5048 by Ralph Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:11 am
Thanks for posting Malvorich,

If you can include an email address I can post it over there for you, other than that you could click on this Link then click on "register" or to make it a little easier still Click Here

There are a few places you could post but most commonly the surplus section, just remember that they will need an email address of the scammer

I will also point out that by posting the details here you have given a potential victim a chance of finding out it is a scam if they were to do a search on any of the details you have provided