Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#333812 by Michelle Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:58 am
Dan <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi

Sorry i had to text you as am hearing impaired, I am very keen. How i wish i could come and have a look as am currently away with work at the moment and i will like you to help me post it to my son in Glasgow,UK.

I want it as a gift for him. I would like it posted via Royalmail next day delivery. I will cover postage cost. I will paying via Paypal/Bank transfer as advised by Gumtree.I don't know much about gadgets but if you can let me know your asking price then i think we should be able to sort something out.

Thanks

Hi,

I have just made the payment and also added £40 for postage, I would like you to help me ship the item Asap.I was told by Royalmail that the item can get to Scotland next day or so.

Meanwhile, I have received an email from Netbank that the funds have been deducted from my account and that it will be credited into your account once you advise them of the shipment tracking number. Kindly confirm this and help me get the item shipped out asap.

Below is the shipping address:

Dale East
Flat 0/2
36, Finnart St
Glasgow
G40 4BZ,
UK

I was also told by Netbank that a confirmation email has been sent to you - pls check all your mail folders i..e junk/spam folder to confirm my payment as it sometimes jumps in there.

Thanks

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#346375 by Michelle Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:27 am
Dan <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

I have just made the payment and also added £8 for postage, I would like you to help me ship the item Asap.I was told by Royalmail that the item can get to Glasgow next day or so.

Meanwhile, I have received an email from Netbank that the funds have been deducted from my account and that it will be credited into your account once you advise them of the shipment tracking number. Kindly confirm this and help me get the item shipped out asap.

Cait Muldoon
Flat 1/2
14, King street
Paisley
PA1 2PW
UK

I was also told by Netbank that a confirmation email has been sent to you pls check all your mail folders i..e junk/spam folder to confirm my payment as it sometimes jumps in there.

Thanks

#351371 by Blondie1 Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:22 pm
I am so glad my gut instinct told me to do research before posting my item. I have just had the same email from this same guy. When I emailed him back telling him that I wasn't comfortable shipping without payment showing my back he told me that it is an offshore account and the funds will be processed as soon as I send them proof of postage. I nearly lost an iPad.
Thank you to all those that have outed this scammer!
#352008 by decoftw Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:17 am
Had this guy wanting me to post a PS4 to his "son in Leicester" Hit me with the same hard of hearing stuff.

Also asked me if I had a phone for sale, then told him I had a laptop and he was interested in it for his son for college.

Did the old scam search and found this, thank you so much for posting.

He wanted me to post the items to:

P M
Myrtle road
Leicester
LE2 1FU
#354706 by Jeebee Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:23 pm
Had an email from this email address yesterday after listing a laptop on Gumtree, also wants me to post the item to Leicester for his 'son'. I'm currently giving him the run-around but he is a persistent fellow.
#354707 by Mike Wilson Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:35 pm
Hello Jeebee,
For your own safety you should stop all contact with this criminal because he has your real contact information.
Block or ignore all emails and telephone calls, just go silent and let him wonder what happened.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#359741 by supersaintee Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 am
I just put a listing on gumtree this morning and got a text saying :

"Hi,I saw your xbox one ad and am very keen. Let me know its condition.Kindly reach me at [email protected]"

There was no number attached, just the word "Reply" as the sender. I haven't responded but looked up the email address and found this thread - glad I did!
#366475 by Michelle Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:41 am
Sent: 06 June 2018 08:07
To: Stuart Virtue <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: ebay item

Hi,

I have just made the payment, I would like you to help me ship the item Asap.I was told by Royalmail that the item can get to Birmingham next day or so. Meanwhile, I have received an email from Netbank that the funds have been deducted from my account and that it will be credited into your account once you advise them of the shipment tracking number. Kindly confirm this and help me get the item shipped out asap.

Janzeb Ali
5, Athol Close
Bartley Green
Birmingham
B32 3NH
UK

I was also told by Netbank ("NetBank® Online Payment" [[email protected]] ) that a confirmation email has been sent to you pls check all your mail folders i..e junk/spam folder to confirm my payment as it sometimes jumps in there.

Thanks

#369138 by Beef Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:16 pm
Was selling my s9 on eBay and this person contacted me asking if they could buy it so I said yes there handle was ladycruisr and there email was [email protected]
They said they would pay me £550 plus £8 for delivery and it was for there son. Something didn’t smell right so put email in to safari and this site came up thank god. Took a photo of some of the post on here and asked them to explain they haven’t been in contact. So just a warning they are on eBay.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Corrected user name.