Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#334265 by animatic Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:20 am
Hi Guys!

Try to sell my Camera Equipment. Got a mail from a woman in GB, London. Told her the price and my Bank.
Told her that I'll not send anything till she call me or send me a picture of her passport too. There was no answer afterwards but a mail from SCB "[email protected] "

I'll never ship something without getting the money first... That's why I think it's scam

TRANSFER ORDER
The Online Transfer Order From Standard Chartered Bank® Has Been Approved.
========================================
*PAYMENT APPROVED* PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
========================================
REF. Number: SCU31562UNK
==========================

Dear

This email confirms that you have an instant payment made online via Standard Chartered Bank® online banking. The transfer was made by "" in which the amount of 2,600.00 CHF has been approved and confirmed to your account below.

I think it's scam, please confirm.

Reversals : This method of payment can not be reversed.
View the "NOTE" of this pending transaction below

MerchandiseAmount:

2,500.00 CHF
Packing and Postage:

Total:

100.00 CHF

2,600.00 CHF
REF Number:

SCU31562UNK
Quantity:

Item Description:

Canon 7D mkii With Accessories - Purchased

Buyer's Shipping Address:

The money have been transferred to the following Account details below.
Sent From:

Sender's IBAN

Receiver's Name:

Receiver's Bank Name:

Receiver's IBAN:

Swift Code/BIC/SEPA:

Receiver's Email:

Receiver's Country:

Switzerland

NOTE: Ensure that you provide the correct Bank details to avoid failure in payment remittance of your merchandise Payment and the payment reference# (SCU31562UNK) Contact us immediately if there is any error in the Bank Details Provided.

***ATTENTION***

The order has been APPROVED, you can now ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment within 24 hours of receiving this Payment Approval Notification and email the shipment proof to us via EMAIL

***PLEASE NOTE***

The REF. Number allow you to verify your payment with us, in order to protect both sender and receiver interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities. Add the REF. Number to the shipment details you will send to us so that we can easily verify the shipment details and credit your account.

============================================
Once shipment has been verified, You will receive a " CONFIRMATION EMAIL " that you account has been credited.
============================================
You may contact Standard Chartered Bank customer service in-charge of this transfer by replying directly to this email through the reply button in your E-Mail and Quote the Above REF. Number for quick recognition of this transaction.

Thank you for using Standard Chartered Bank Secure Payment. We look forward to serving your online payment needs better in the future.

Standard Chartered Bank

Online Wire Transfer
=======================

REF. Number: SCU31562UNK
Sincerely.
Standard Chartered Bank® Online Auction Transfer Department
1 Basinghall Avenue, London, EC2V 5DD
Email: [email protected]

Copyright © 2017 Standard Chartered Bank
Advertisement

#334298 by Mike Wilson Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:39 pm
This is 100% a scam [email protected] was first registered on 09-jul-2017. This site is not connected to the real bank in any manner.

The best thing to do now is to go silent and ignore this scammer without telling him that you know it is a scam.

If you have any additional questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon