Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#334402 by Golden Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:00 pm
This is a scam well documented on [ 800notes.com ] under multiple phone numbers and multiple email addresses. It has history on that site back to 2013.
A text is sent in response to the posting of a car for sale, in my case on AutoTrader.com, asking if it's still for sale. (The text was sent within 30 minutes of the post going active.) The text was also sent to 4 additional numbers. Here is the exact text as received:

Hi,is your Vehicle on Autotrader still for sale?Pls email me at. ( [email protected] )

I sent a reply with the info. Received a request for additional info AND.

I'm ready to pay your asking price but not cash in person because I am serving in the US Army and currently been deploy to Fort Huachuca Military Base , Arizona and calls are restricted at the moment and my only quickest payment option is PayPal, its safe fast and secure and i will be responsible for the PayPal transaction charges so you can get your expected amount. If you don't have an account with PayPal, its pretty easy to open one, Just log onto http://www.paypal.com and sign up. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? As I am buying the vehicle for my dad and I'm very sure he will love this vehicle, his a mechanic and a handy man, so if there is anything that need to be fixed in it just let me know he will handle it. I have a mover that will come for the pick up once payment clears in your account and he will handle the title for me.I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) too since i won't be able to see this in person. I look forward to hear from you with the information below. I look forward to hear from you with the information below

I looked up the phone number and email address and didn't reply.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 4 times in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement