Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#335044 by laurablueeyes Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:59 am
A few days ago I posted a commercial pizza oven I have for sale on Kijiji ads. I was contacted by a "Sarah Kelly" by text. She asked me to email her @ [email protected] so we could communicate easily. Once I answered by email, I was asked very little about the equipment and the buyer seemed quite fine with the price I was asking. This set off red flags. They said they would send a paypal payment right away and that their agent would pick up the equipment later that day. I received 2 emails from "paypal" stating that $3750.00 had been deposited in my paypal account.and was 98% complete pending my $550.00 money gram security deposit. I was asking $3200.00 for the oven. The email stated that $550.00 had been added to the amount for security reasons and that I would have to send this amount by money gram to a Jeffery Davies in Abilene Texas, zip 79605. I promptly called paypal and they confirmed this was a scam. I forwarded all correspondence to [email protected]. The cell phone they were using was also registered in Abilene Texas. I called the cell phone provider and they claimed there was no account with them for this phone number, 325-704-0448. I called the Abilene police department and filed a complaint with local law authority. I live in Canada. In addition, I filed a complaint with the Canadian Anti-fraud organization and the RCMP. I had cut off all communication with this individual and continue to receive an email a day, hellooooooo, where's my money etc. Extremely irritating to say the least! If we are lucky, hopefully law enforcement can "scam" the "scammers".
Advertisement