Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#341351 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:34 pm
Subject: Re:

Hi,

Have just made the payment and I would like you to help me ship the item Asap.i also Added postage. My son birthday is coming up in 3days and i was told by Royalmail that the item can get to there the next day or so.Meanwhile, I have received an email from Netbank that the funds have been deducted from my account and that it will be credited into your account once you advise them of the shipment tracking number. Kindly confirm this and help me get the item shipped out asap.Below is the shipping address:

Paul W
9 Dominion Rd,
Glenfield, Leicester
LE3 8FD, United Kingdom

I was also told by Netbank that a confirmation email has been to [email protected] pls check all your mail folders i..e junk/spam folder to confirm my payment as it sometimes jumps in there.

Walter

This Scammer will arrange to send you a fake Netbank payment -- Make no mistake, the payment will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received a fake payment, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#342625 by joeb3006 Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:41 am
Yep this email is a scammer, I got the exact same thing when trying to sell a product on gumtree, he told me he wanted it for his sons birthday in a couple of days and as his mother just died he wanted to make it a special birthday for him to cheer him up. he told me that PayPal had deducted the funds from his account and needed a shipping/tracking number to release the funds into my account. Make no mistake this is a scam and you should never send things without receiving the money first.

Thanks to ScamWarners and Bryon for helping me out and noticing that this is a scammer
#347177 by Bryon Williams Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:07 pm
Subject: Re: Re : iMac on Gumtree

Thanks for your response, Will have like to come and have a look but am currently away with work at the moment. And i will like you to help me post it to my son in Leicester here in UK. As his birthday is around the corner and i will really like to make him happy since he lost is mother my wife two weeks ago.

I would like it posted via Royal mail next day delivery. I will cover postage cost, I will paying via PayPal/Bank transfer as advised by Gumtree. but if you can let me know your asking price, I am more than happy to make a sensible and non-refusable offer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#356249 by Lisa2018 Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:40 am
Hi I got the same email regarding an item Xbox one am selling on gumtree. Me and my partner didn't notice until we read the email and then my partner searched netbank and noticed. We feel so stupid. Do we need to close my partners bank account as we have his details?.
#356250 by AlanJones Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:42 am
He should talk to his bank's fraud department and see what they suggest.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#357730 by captain_canary Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:07 pm
Hi

Im really sorry you have had to go through this but wanted to say thank you for sharing this. I posted an xbox on gum tree last night and recieved interest via an email this morning that just didnt sit right so i googled the email address and found your message. Here is the email i received i am posting it in the hope that no one else falls victim to this terrible scam.

------- Original message --------

Date: 06/03/2018 07:25 (GMT+00:00)

Subject: Re: X box

Thanks for your response, Will have like to come and have a look but am currently away with work at the moment. And i will like you to help me post it to my son in Brighton here in UK. As his birthday is around the corner and i will really like to make him happy since he lost is mother my wife two weeks ago.

I would like it posted via Royal mail next day delivery. I will cover postage cost, I will paying via PayPal/Bank transfer as advised by Gumtree. but if you can let me know your asking price, I am more than happy to make a sensible and non-refusable offer.
#357731 by Bryon Williams Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:10 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the update.

Make sure you sell in person face to face at a public place.

#362377 by florinlature Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:11 am
Hello to everyone, I make a mistake,I send a package to this mother fxxxhacker , what can I do,what can we do about him? I didn't check on google his email address ,sometime I do,but now I didn't. Anyone can help me? Or do something for me. Please. Thank you in advance. Have a nice day to all.. Here is small of our conversation.
Yahoo Mail

Re: Ps4
Monday, April 16, 2018 4:27 PM
"Walter Mark" <[email protected]>
To
Ok will add that i also same email from them as well but kindly let me no once you get credited.

------------------------------ --------------
On Mon, 4/16/18, Walter Mark <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Ps4
To: xxxxxxx
Date: Monday, April 16, 2018, 3:54 PM

Ok can you
email me the posteage receipt as well?

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at
3:48 PM,xxxxxxx
wrote:
Hi, I
send it. Number reference is JS005005027GB sorry about
delay.

------------------------------
--------------

On Mon, 4/16/18, Walter Mark <[email protected]>
wrote:

To: xxxxxxx

Date: Monday, April 16, 2018, 2:35 PM

????

On Monday, April 16, 2018,

Walter Mark <[email protected]>

wrote:

Ok

thanks kindly let me no once posted and dont froget to
get

it posted via royal mail nextday delivering so it ca get
to

my son tomorrow.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at

On Mon, 4/16/18, Walter Mark <[email protected]>

To: "xxxx
Date: Monday, April 16, 2018, 1:30 PM
Hi Have
just made the payment and I would like you to help me ship the item Asap.i also Added postage. My son birthday is
coming up in 3days and i was told by Royalmail that the item can get to there the next day or so.Meanwhile, I have
received an email from Netbank that the funds have been deducted from my account and that it will be credited into
your account once you advise them of the shipment tracking
number. Kindly confirm this and help me get the item shipped
out asap.Below is the shipping address:

Louis Mark
127 Wivern Rd,
Hull, HU9 4HP
United Kingdom

was also told by Netbank that a confirmation email
ha been
to xxxxxx check all your mail folders i..e junk/spam folder to
confirm my payment as it sometimes jumps in there.

And this make me believed.....
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.