Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#346039 by TechGeek Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 am
Hi all,

My scam senses have started tingling again after attempting to sell a product on Gumtree. It all started when I received a text saying:

“Am interested in your Game Console posted on,Please only Email at (***********@gmail.com)Do not ring due to work!Thanks”

That first text already had me suspicious, but I decided to go along and answer any questions he had. He then sent me this:

“I want the item to be shipped to my friend address in Leicester and i will be including 30 gbp for the shipping fees through royal mail next day delivery service.”

Now that topped it off for me, it must be a scam but I want to hear your thoughts before I send a box of shit to him :D
Advertisement

#346040 by Mike Wilson Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 am
Hello TechGeek,
This is a common scam and no payment will actually be sent to you. You would have received a spoofed email pretending to be PayPal or some similar money transfer service.
Do not send them anything because this scammer has your real contact information so it is best that you stop all contact with them and block or ignore all future messages from this criminal.

Please post the full email address used in this scam to help other potential victims discover the scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#348552 by Clee Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:35 pm
Hi I’m so thankful I found this post. I posted an Xbox for sale and had sian John text me the exact same message as use have encountered. I stopped communication and they are still messaging wanting to know if the sales going ahead after 3 days.
#348553 by Bryon Williams Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:57 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post the phone number used to text you.

Also post the email address if different from what is already posted.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#348643 by Mike Wilson Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 am
Email from a fake bank. No payment has been posted and is a scammers trick to get you to send the item.

Dear Victim

This is to inform you that your Banking information has been confirmed and a total amount of £250.00 GBP Paid by Sian John.

We are pleased to inform you that the payment has been successfully deducted from the buyer's account, But due to security reasons we have to receive the tracking/reference number as proof of shipment before the payment can be processed into your account.

This is a new measure we are taking to protect all our customers against fraudulent acts. Once you have shipped the item, Email us the shipment tracking number for verification after the number has been verified, Your account will be credited immediately.

Account Name: Victim
Account number:xxxxxxxx
Sort code:xx-xx-xx
Phone Number: ____________

Note:

The status of your fund is in PENDING MODE !! The Buyer's shipping address has been confirmed by Net bank authority.

Buyer's Shipping Options:
Royal-mail (Next day delivery).

==============================

*** ATTENTION***

The payment has been APPROVED, you can now ship the item to the Buyer's shipping address.You are expected to make the shipment and get back to our Costumer/Technical Dept with the tracking number for verification of shipment if not the payment will not be credited into your account.

The tracking number will be used to confirm and verify shipment.The tracking number should be mailed to our customer care center by replying direct to this email.

Net Bank®Payment Team.
Reg No:2080759
Transfer Manager
Mrs Judith Borjan
Manger Signature,

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon