Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#346837 by mmbwise Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:57 am
Here's another Craigslist scammer.

First a text from the daughter Kim:
872-401-2986
"I'm Kim, My Dad is interested buying the Bike you posted on craigslist and i want you to contact him now with your asking price at [email protected]"

From supposed Thomas Shephard from [email protected]

Hello.

I'm Tom. Actually I am sorry that I could not get to you earlier due to my work schedule, I just had a change in my work schedule but I believe am OK with the condition as seen on the advert as well as the price stated. I am ready to make instant purchase with my mode of payment would being a Certified Bank Check via US mail or UPS next day service.

I'll arrange for a local pick up as soon as you receive check, cash it and have your money in hand, i promise you everything will go smoothly as I would like to have it before my wedding anniversary which comes in a week.

Kindly get back to me with your Full Name,Full mailing Address,Cell Phone Number and Agreed price. As soon as this is provided, payment will be overnight to you and I will let you know once it's mailed out with tracking number sent to you. I will also add an additional $50 for holding it for me till the Check get to you and delete the posting from craigslist today.

Thanks and I hope we handle this in good faith while waiting to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Pls consider it sold to me am seriously interested

Same kind of deal. Thanks for the previous posts!!
Advertisement