Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#45354 by Con Warner Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:04 am
Subject: Re: 2007 Honda CRV for sale
To: Con Warner
Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 10:43 PM

Hello,

This 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L with 77,000 miles, runs and drives excellent. This car has been extremely well maintained and it is fully paid. No accident, clear title, free of encumbrances and liens. I bought it when I was serving in Fort Stewart, GA.

I have dropped my price to $2900 (purchase price) since this is an urgent sale and I need to sell it before 10 February, when I will be deployed in Afghanistan with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
I have decided to use eBay for this sale (recommended by craigslist). The car is already at our Military Logistic Department form Fort Stewart, U.S. Army, crated and ready to go. The Logistic Department will deliver the car to your home. I will offer a 10 days period to inspect the car from the moment you receive it, before I will have your money. The shipping will be free for you!

If you agree with my price $2900, I need your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS, so I can inform ebay that I have a buyer! I will forward your details to them and then you will receive an invoice(with no further obligations or fees). Like this you'll be able to talk with them directly and ask all you want to know.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Sgt. Jeffrey Dixon

This scammer uses fake emails from eBay and asks that you use an escrow service.
You are asked to deposit the money and then send the receipt details to a fake email address.
The scammer will collect the money.
You will never see the vehicle as it doesn't exist.
Hi again,
Please take a few moments and read my email carefully, I know it is long, but I will explain all the details about the car and the transaction. At the moment I’m making final preparations before deploying to Afghanistan with the U.S. Convoy .The car is already at our Military Logistic Department form Fort Lauderdale, U.S. Army base in FL, crated and ready to go. The Logistic Department will deliver the car to your home. The shipping is free for you. Since the car is in a military base, with no access you can not go there and take it, only the Logistic Department can deliver it, because the car is in their custody.Shipping may take anywhere between 2 to 3 business days depending on the destination. All documents you need for ownership, manuals and bill of sale will be provided along with the car.For the payment I would like to use eBay as a third party. They will keep your money into a protection account until you get the car and will release it to me after inspection period is over and you agree to keep the car. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the car before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have 5 days to inspect the car . If you decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for both of us.
I’ll start the official procedure, and eBay will contact you about this. If you are interested in buying it just mail me back with:
- Your Full Name – Required by eBay (You’ll receive important guidelines + instructions from them.)
- Your FUll Shipping Address and Phone Number – Required by the Logistic Department (They will call you with delivery/pickup instructions 1 day ahead so you can communicate what time schedule work best for your to receive the car)
Again I want to point out that because I am going to Afghanistan this sale is my top priority and I am looking after a fast transaction, with no delays. That is why I decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.

Thanks, hope to do business with you soon!

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement