Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#355424 by Bryon Williams Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:52 am
Subject: Re: Laguna 14/12 Band Saw

Hello,

I will explain in this email all terms and condition

The item is BRAND NEW, never used, ( US model, not grey market or refurbished), but Amazon does not let us list it as new.

The product is Sealed in its original box and comes with full Warranty, receipt, all manufacturer supplied accessories...

The total price is $500.00 including all shipping taxes if you are in US and for international shipping you have to pay extra 29,99 $ (outside US) .

If you want to buy, send me your phone number, full name, shipping address and I will contact Amazon asap to process your order. Dispatch is by normal UPS Services, which takes 1-3 days depending on where in the US you are.

My return policy is full money back in 30 days.

For more information don't hesitate to contact me!

Many Thanks,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#355581 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 pm
Subject: Re: BMCC mft

Hello,

The item is BRAND NEW, never used, ( US model, not grey market or refurbished), but Amazon does not let us list it as new.
The product is Sealed in its original box and comes with full Warranty, receipt, all manufacturer supplied accessories...
The total price is $500.00 including all shipping taxes if you are in US and for international shipping you have to pay extra 29,99 $ (outside US) .

If you want to buy, send me your phone number, full name, shipping address and I will contact Amazon asap to process your order. Dispatch is by normal UPS Services, which takes 1-3 days depending on where in the US you are.

Many Thanks,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#355792 by Isuzuki Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:05 pm
Wow, Bryon, thank you SO MUCH for posting this. You've saved me so much worry. I shop on Amazon frequently, and I use this add-on called Keepa, which notifies me when a price falls below a certain point, so I can jump on the deal. I have Keepa notifications set up for a certain welder and a certain sewing machine (strange pairing, I know, but they say that sewing is simply welding, for textiles. Haha!) Well, every once in awhile, the price falls to around 1/3 of the new price, but there is a note that states for an interested buyer to send an email first, before placing the order on Amazon. In this case, it was noted as something disjointed, like "electronic bandnew AT g mail DOT com" (you get the idea). I've been saving these email addresses for I time when I have the money to spend, but this is the first time I've actually inquired. Other addresses have been: [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] (bRand, rather than bAnd). And for the welder, there was [email protected] .

So I inquired about the sewing machine:
"I saw you have the sewing machine with table and servo motor for $500 plus shipping. Is there anything I should know about it? (There is a note that says I'm supposed to email you before ordering, on the Amazon web site.) It says that the sewing machine is new.
Thank you."

The reply:
" Hello,
Many Thanks,"

So I hit the Reply button and wrote:
"Where do you ship from? (I've ordered things from Asian countries before and it has taken 2-3 months to arrive.) I don't even know the name of your company. How do I pay? I'm so afraid of scams, these days, so I don't want to send money and then not receive any product. Sorry to be a bother. Thank you."

But I received a notice from my email provider that "mx.google.com gave this error:
The email account that you tried to reach is disabled. "

So the lesson learned here is that when dealing with people through email, bad people can just "turn off" their email address any time they want to.

DANG! This is so disappointing! I've read over and over again that, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." But I'm always hoping that THIS TIME I've found this special deal that nobody else knows about.

Thank you again, Bryon
#355795 by AlanJones Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:48 pm
More likely, the email address was disabled by Google after someone reported it for scamming.

Anyone who advertises on Google and then tries to move you off the Amazon system to email should be considered a scammer - you automatically lose any protection that Amazon may give you when you leave their system and legitimate traders would not do such a thing.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.